has anyone tried biotin for hair loss?????

mai7amad
on 3/24/13 2:28 pm - United Arab Emirates

im considering biotin after losing a bunch of hair , im 11 months out today and my hair fell out from around month 6 till now still falling not as much as at month 6 but still hasnt stopped , so did it work for anyone?

TheShrinkingCrafter
on 3/24/13 2:54 pm, edited 3/24/13 3:42 pm
VSG on 02/26/13

I've been taking Biotin 10,000 mcg daily since just before my surgery. I'm only about 1 month out from surgery now so I haven't hit that 4-6 mo hair loss period, but I've read about biotin helping with regrowth of healthy hair. I also found a Biotin shampoo by Mill Creek called "Biotene H-24 Natural System". It comes with Shampoo, Conditioner & Emulsion. It runs about $20 for a months supply, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. Some say it reminds them a lot of the Wen hair care products ;)

LuvLarina
on 3/25/13 1:24 am

Awesome tip about the shampoo!! I was just thinking yesterday that I should research good shampoos. This is why I LOVE OH!!! 

Thanks so much!

~Larina

obgary
on 3/24/13 3:15 pm
Even though I have not had wls yet, I have had a positive experience with biotin. I took it for about 3 months, 2 pills a day and I saw results. It is now a part of my daily regimen. My nails even got stronger.

Good luck to you!
SuzyNZ
on 3/24/13 3:27 pm
VSG on 09/17/12

I take Biotin daily to help with regrowth.  It's too early to tell about whether its helping my hair yet as it hasn't fully stopped falling out yet, but my nails are like concrete!!! :)

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Jenny S.
on 3/24/13 4:54 pm
  1. I took it for about a month.  It caused hair to grow majorly all over my face & neck.  I quit taking it.  I would rather have to get my hair cut short & deal with that then have a ton of facial & neck hair from the biotin.
5' 2" 272 age 41

Kimberly2010
on 3/24/13 6:48 pm - Panama City, FL
I took it for about six months prior to RNY, and up
To almost 30 months out. I really cannot say it helped with my hair loss which started about month six post op and continued until about 26 months. I lost approx 1/2 of my volume and my texture changed from wavy to frizzy. I have not regrown the lost volume. I did notice improved nail growth.

tina-b
on 3/24/13 9:27 pm - NC
VSG on 11/27/12

I've been taking biotin since 2 months pre-op.  I am four months out and have had no hair loss.  My hair is actually curlier now that before surgery.  I don't know if it's the biotin or hormones.

HW: 235  SW: 216

tlpldy
on 3/24/13 11:25 pm

I started 10,000 mg biotin per day approx 1-2 months pre-op.  I am currently about four and a half months out and I do have some hair loss, but not tons like some people.  You cannot really tell.  I have no idea if it is related or not.  I figured it was worth a shot.  I am already taking so many pills, what is one more to keep my hair? 

I do have a lot of dryness in my skin and my hair, as well as my nails being a bit more brittle.  I am considering starting to add vitamin E to the list.   

Machelle.K
on 3/24/13 11:27 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I began taken biotin about a month ago 10, 000 mcg. I'm at the hair loss stage but also very dry skin and all that goes with it. The biotin seems to have helped slow it down, but I really hoped for the help with re-growth which is too early to tell. I did have my hair cut about 4" shorter and also bought a moisterizing shampoo by by Regis (Designline) not too expensive but certainly helped with the brittle hair. I wasn't convinced it would wok but didn't have anything to loose either.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 251 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views