Picture of your lunch at least 6 mos. out

BREAZA
on 4/17/13 6:03 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Could you please post a picture of what your lunch looks like at least 6 mos post op? I'm a visual person and would like to get a realistic idea of what one eats after 6 months of having VSG. I have my 20-year high school reunion dinner in October which will be 6 months from now and would like to have somewhat of an idea of about how much I can eat. I'm not announcing I had surgery so I don't know if people will be staring at me at the dinner table watching if I only eat 1 or 2 spoons of food or if I can have somewhat of a small meal that's not as obvious.

frisco
on 4/17/13 7:30 am, edited 4/17/13 7:51 am

This might have been a little much for me at 6 months by a little bit.... I eat close to this right now........

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

BREAZA
on 4/17/13 7:34 am
VSG on 04/24/13
BREAZA
on 4/17/13 10:13 am
VSG on 04/24/13

This is not bad at all....I can take my time and chew my food a lot so that it looks like I'm eating more. LOL Thanks for posting this...it helps me get a visual of what my new life will be with regards to eating and I'm definitely ok with that.

Sasny
on 4/17/13 10:20 am
VSG on 03/20/12

I've also found that people don't really pay much attention to what you eat.  I have had no issues with eating out with people who don't know about my surgery once I was a few months out.

Kelly-AnneH
on 4/17/13 10:36 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
So true! People are far more interested in their own plates.

I went to a fancy dinner with my hubby last month. I ate a comfortable amount from each course, put my silverware on my plate and pushed it a little away when done. Other than the server checking that I was done nobody cared a whit.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

BREAZA
on 4/18/13 2:29 am, edited 4/18/13 2:37 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Since I'm not announcing what I'm having done it's all in my head that people will be watching me. LOL I sure hope no one will be paying attention as you said and more into their own food! Either way, I plan on enjoying the night and loving the new me!! Can't wait to be 6 months out....my surgery is in exactly 7 days from today!!! YAY!! :)

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/17/13 6:57 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

This was dinner last night but could be lunch any day also. 2.5 oz of turkey brochette grilled on the bbq with green and red peppers, onions. Asparagus spears to accompany. I am 6 months out now so this is what I eat most days - quantity wise.

I make a really nice marinade for the bbq that I coat the meat (any meat really, doesn't have to be turkey) and let it sit in the fridge overnight and then just pop it out on the grill and 10 minutes later culinary delight!

Food quantities really are not an issue for most people I eat with. I take my time, talk, enjoy the ambiance and no one really notices anymore what I eat, how much, how fast or slow, whether or not I drink.. really no problems or issues at all. I get way more comments on my dresses now than on the food!!!

There are some other pictures of food on my profile you can have a look at to get an idea.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

BREAZA
on 4/18/13 2:32 am
VSG on 04/24/13

This looks SOOOOO good!! My mouth is salivating now.

Thanks for posting the picture...this is a perfect size meal.

MacMadame
on 4/18/13 12:58 am - Northern, CA

I once did an entire day's worth.

http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2010/03/monday-according -to-my-sleeve.html

It was almost exactly 6 months out.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views