Gallbladder Question???

bxbeba
on 4/22/13 1:53 am - NY

Just found out that I definitely have to have my gallbladder removed (which I figured since I have had several attacks), my question is to those who had their gallbladder out after wls - did your bariatric surgeon remove your gallbladder?  I went to see a gastroenterologist who feels it would be better if my bariatric surgeon removed my gallbladder since he would know more of what has been done to my insides.  Just wondering if anyone else had their gallbladder removed that way.

Thanks,

t-

harkly
on 4/22/13 2:01 am - Lexington, NC

I had my gallbladder removed a few years before but my sister and others had it taken out at the same time.

Crabadams72
on 4/22/13 2:42 am - Silver Spring, MD
My bariatric surgeon did mine w the sleeve.

I don't get your gastro's comment though. The VSG is the same procedure as a partial Gastrectomy. The same thing patients w ulcers and stomach cancer get. Why wouldn't he "understand" what has been done to your insides?

I'd go to someone that can demonstrate they are capable.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

sarapilar
on 4/22/13 3:11 am
VSG on 02/21/13

My bariatric surgeon did mine with the Sleeve. I wanted to be proactive about it, and had an abdominal scan beforehand.  I think all Sleevers should get an abdominal scan first...to see if there are gallstones.  I had one.  When my surgeon got in, he said the gallbladder looked even worse! 

Sorry you have to go through this, tho; ;-(  Good luck.

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

bxbeba
on 4/22/13 10:21 pm - NY

Thanks.  I didn't have gallstones when I had my wls 3 years ago.  I developed a few last summer and found out the other week that I have dozens of tiny stones in rows.  So, it's time for it to come out. 

Toni

Llcoolday
on 4/22/13 7:40 am - CA
VSG on 01/14/13

I just had my gallbladder removed last Monday by my wls surgeon.  The ER Dr. called my surgeon in.  I had wls in January.  Both surgeries went perfectly.  I would definitely recommend having your wls surgeon remove your gallbladder.  He would know your body best.

Good luck!!

Lisa

bxbeba
on 4/22/13 9:47 pm - NY

Thank you, that's what the gastro doctor said.  I'm seeing my wls surgeon next Wednesday and see what he says. 

Toni

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views