Fruit question...for those eating low cal, low carb, high protein diets...

zra
on 5/7/13 1:04 am
VSG on 02/06/13 with

I stay under 40g of carbs a day. About 3 days a week I have a very, very small serving of blackberries, strawberries or raspberries. I usually have them scheduled in for after dinner (along with a piece of cheese or some greek yogurt), and if I don't have the carbs to spare at that point, I don't eat them. But, I do enjoy them when they fit into the plan.

HW: 363  SW: 340  

hollykim
on 5/7/13 2:47 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I am super sensitive to carbs and sugar of all kinds,even fruit. if I eat any and that is rarely,I eat berries. I then know my weight loss will be stationary for a few days after cause the body has to hold water to process any carbs.

the thing about fruit is the sugar. i know it is fructose but ,to the body,sugar is sugar.

Our bodies are lazy. they will burn easy stores of energy first.,like fructose in our blood stream. the more sugar we give our body,in any form,including wheat products,rice pasta,etc as well as fruit,is used by the body first,before our bodies will burn our fat stores.

The more ready sugar we give our bodies,the less  stored fat we will burn. I personally am trying to be as militant as possible,and get to goal ,which is only 40 # away. I have been on this journey 3 years now and the goal of being a healthy weight is very strong.

I know there will be a place for fruit in my maintenance life as I have already seen eating a limited amount of fruit cause me to go into maintenance,so I personally am trying to wait on fruit and maximize my loss now.

GL

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views