The Foamies Returned

Melody2
on 5/11/13 10:19 am
VSG on 04/10/13
I'm almost five weeks out from surgery, and with the exception of the first couple of days, did not have a problem with the foamies or nausea. Now, in the last day or so I have both. Wonder why when nothing has changed in my diet?
grannymedic1
on 5/11/13 10:44 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I find I have more trouble if I am not extremely well hydrated before I eat. Be sure you aren't eating slightly faster or more. These things can sneak up on you and give you fits. If it does not resolve and happens often you need to let your surgeon know. It is possible to have strictures form. It is, unfortunately, a problem that can develop with wls. It is very easy to fix but aggrevating. I had 3, a friend of mine had 5. I was glad I didn't catch up.

Good luck,

Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

j_j_miller
on 5/11/13 2:49 pm
I get them too. I am 7 weeks out and have gotten them from day 1. 100 times worse in the beginning. I was constantly spitting up. In the hospital one of the nurses even hooked up a suction that I could use at night when I slept so I wouldn't have to sit up and spit. I know mine didn't have anything to do with food. I had a leak and was on TPN for over a month. Which meant no food or drink for a month. It's finally gotten better. For the most part I can go the whole day with only spitting 3-4 times. I can't count on this, I had a bad day spitting like crazy a few days ago. I still carry a empty cup to spit in wherever I go. Anyway I am wondering what causes it? I have asked my dr several times but he never says why, he just says give it time. The only thing I noticed in my case was on two separate occasions I had bad diarrhea on the days my spitting tripled. I hope to hear others with the same issue.
MacMadame
on 5/11/13 3:29 pm - Northern, CA

4.5 years out and I still get them sometimes. They happen when you eat too fast sometimes so it's not necessarily what you eat. Though sometimes it is.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

lunarose
on 5/12/13 7:07 am - Newhall, CA

I am almost 3 years out and just had the foamies last week when I ate too much of my hot dog. I also still can not have more then 7 swallows of liquids before lying down or it will pop up.

Most Active