Feeling hunger already??!!? 4 weeks post op???

KristenT0823
on 5/20/13 12:27 am - MI

Hi Everyone:

I am officially 4 weeks post op and am really happy with my recovery.  Aside from what I suppose is the usual learning curve for this type of surgery, e.g. what size sip to take when drinking, how to slow down my eating and take small bites, etc., I feel great.  My weight loss is right around 20 lbs. give or take a few ounces.  But here's the thing, I'm starting to feel hunger already!  It started about a week ago and I thought maybe my stomach just felt weird as part of the healing process but at this point I have to say it's straight up hunger pains, especially when I wake up in the morning.  I still have good restriction with my pouch and everything else seems to be working the way it should.  Has anyone else experienced hunger this early on?  Could it be something else that I am feeling and not true hunger pains?

Thanks!

Kristen

mickeymantle
on 5/20/13 12:34 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

it might be gas , if your not on a ppi you might need one or chance which one your taking

It could be hunger , if it happens mostly in the morning and disappears when you eat right , its no problem

20 lb is great keep up the great work

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Deckeriv
on 5/20/13 1:59 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Sounds like acid. Doubt very seriously it's hunger. You may need to take a PPI (acid reducer) at night as well as in the morning.

Good luck

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

suzie2241
on 5/20/13 2:18 am
VSG on 11/02/12

Do you take a PPI? You may need one.

I did not feel real hunger that early on. It was usually acid or I needed to drink water.

KristenT0823
on 5/20/13 3:25 am - MI

Thanks everyone for the input.  I do take a PPI but I have been taking it in the morning.  I think I will try taking it later in the day, like in the evening or even later and see if that makes a difference.  If it doesn't I will call my doc about changing prescriptions.  Thanks again!

lookforchange
on 5/20/13 11:23 am
VSG on 03/21/13
I've always felt real hunger too (despite ppi use). My dr said some people just get hungry
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views