VSG surgery scheduled for June 7th

syeda54
on 5/21/13 5:15 pm - CA
I am so excited! It is now 1 1/2 years after Lap Band removal due to migration. I finally am about to have VSG! I could use any advice, suggestions, friends, and words of encouragement.
Thank you!
~~Syda

Valsdetermined2lose
on 5/21/13 11:11 pm
Congrats on your surgery date! My advice is to just relax and stick to your surgeons diet plan. Another piece of good advice is after a few weeks when your cleared to excercise, please develope a excercise routine. Although excercise is good for everyone its especially important for those who has wls. I didnt stick to my workouts after i loss the first 50 pounds because in my big ole head, i thought i will keep losing weight with or without excercise. Lol, it took so long to reach 100 pounds lost and im still not at goal but working on it.
The first 6 months after is crutial for weight loss even though they say the honeymoon stage is anywhere from 12 to 18 months with the sleeve and its true.
Dont get me wrong , i have done a great job losing but i think i couldve done better.
Good luck, and wishing you a speedy recovery.
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

danigirl42
on 5/21/13 11:12 pm - PA
VSG on 01/02/13

Congratulations!!!  Excited for you!  I had my VSG on 1/2/13, so I'm about 4 1/2 months out and I'm already down 100lbs!  I was lucky and have had a wonderful experience.  The first few weeks will obviously be the most difficult (I cried alot - only because my family was eating solid food and I was drinking my meals).  It's worth every moment though.

Good luck and keep us posted on your journey!!!

mylastchance
on 5/21/13 11:20 pm

I am not too sure what sort of advice I have for you except to just stick to the plan of eating right....take it easy and make it work.  I am almost 3 years out....no regrets, I love it.  Know that, down the road as you might already know since you are a Lap Band patient.....you can end up eating things you shouldn't ..... I along with some others have regained a few lbs....don't like it and am getting back to the basis of this whole plan to rid myself of all the bad foods I have allowed back in.....so my advice is,  don't, DON'T eat junk....ever.....!!!  LOL.....Junk Food is the DEVIL FOOD.....devil   This surgery was the best decision I have made in my life.  You will do great ... good luck on June 7th and I will look forward to watching your progress. 

Shari

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views