1 year at June 25th and going on my first Disney Vacation since surgery

aled1223
on 6/4/13 3:39 am

Any Advice?  I want to take my scale. My kids think I am crazy.  We are not doing the meal plan.  They won't let you do just  3 meal plans for a family of 4.  Therefore, it would be a waste for me and be too tempting to over eat since I paid for it.  I am just going to try to share and eat protein.  I am bringing lots of things for me to eat as well.  I will allow myself a bite of treats, but not order my own.  I am quite satisfied with just 2 bites of a dessert.  I have maintained my weight loss and wearing  size 6s and 8s.  Very happy with my progress.  Just want to lose a few more to keep me in check. 

Marioksig
on 6/4/13 3:48 am - Santa Clara, CA

Please enjoy yourself, there are moments in life that you just want to remember forever! This is one of them. I went not long ago and enjoyed an ice cream with my two boys and didn't feel guilty about it at all. If you are going to Disneyland in LA  and happen to a 24 hour fitness remember there is one right across the street if you want to get in some gym time.

Just enjoy it!!!! don't worry about the food!

100 LBS gone in 3 Months! - 150 LBS gone in just over 5 Months! 

200 LBS gone in just under 9 Months!

Please Check out my blog:
www.sheddingounces.net  

AdeanaMarie
on 6/4/13 5:28 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Do not take your scale.  I am sure you will be getting a ton of walking in and just enjoy your time with your family and eat sensibly.    Make healthy choices for fluid and food.  You will do great and the best part... you are on vacation.  Enjoy it!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

lucy2e
on 6/4/13 5:41 am - Laurel, MD

Don't take your scale - it will be there waiting for you when you get back!  You will be getting LOTS of exercise running around all over Disney! When I went I did go ahead and get the meal plan - I was just eating a few ounces of the protein (meat) but loved every bite and really enjoyed it.  if figured it was a great treat for me and I wasn't feeling guilty about it!  Also enjoyed the veggies and some fruit.

Disney is so much more fun with the post-op energy than it was when I was heavier - have a great time!!!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

jubjub
on 6/4/13 6:30 am, edited 6/4/13 6:30 am - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12

Congrats!  I'll be 1 year post-surgery on 6/25 as well.

I'm guessing you should be able to estimate by sight- measure an ounce of chicken on your scale and compare it to your thumb, etc.  If you're off a bit on protein it really isn't going to matter that much for a couple days. Leave the scale at home - learn some other ways to measure food.  Undereat your sleeve, you should be able to do that by size pretty closely.

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

shrinking_sarah
on 6/4/13 8:28 am - CA

I say take the scale if it will make you feel better, but that's a chunk of suitcase space you're giving up plus it may weigh differently on a different floor and after being transported.

Land or world?  At CA adventure there is a mediterranean grill/kabob place that is fairly vsg-friendly.  I have done Disneyland/CA Adventure post-VSG and did pretty well.  We were busy all day.  I took shakes and just ate protein.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

aled1223
on 6/4/13 8:54 am

We are going to Disney World.  We are driving from east Texas!  Flying is too expensive.   I would have plenty of room for my scale. Just want to keep my weight in check!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views