1 Month out yesterday

Horizon29
on 6/20/13 2:37 am
VSG on 05/22/13

I had my surgery a month ago yesterday and am finally posting a picture, one in my profile as well. I am down 28 pounds since surgery, that's with a stall that lasted a good week. I've seen some people lose more and some lose less, and I think this is just right for me since I am following the plan set forth by my doctor. I do have to say I've avoided mashed potatoes since I've started soft foods only because I have a fear they will set off a series of cravings. I have posted a couple times, but will attempt to respond more.

Monica

Monica

ParisGirl
on 6/20/13 2:47 am
VSG on 04/25/13

WTG!!! That's fantastic!!!!  I think you made the right move avoiding the potato's.  It's all about good quality protein. kiss

Shagdoll
on 6/20/13 2:48 am

Monica, you are doing awesome!!!!  Yes, avoiding the mashed potatoes is the best thing to do right now.  I am extremely carb sensitive and even just a bite or 2 will trigger my cravings to go off the charts.  Stay as compliant as you can so months later down the line when you have your weight off, you will be so glad you did.  Keep up the great progress and best of luck to you.  Rock on gurl!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

denisedufrene
on 6/20/13 3:04 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

You are so right to avoid the mashed potatoes...With me it would set off my carb monster...I am 10 weeks out and I have not nor do I intend to eat bread or anything that would cause a trigger for that monster to come out....congrats on your weight loss...isn't just wonderful....I so love my sleeve....

HW: 287     SW:  285     CW:  176     GW:  150

Hadrian
on 6/20/13 3:16 am
VSG on 06/13/13
I'm a week out. Tell me what I have to look forward to eat at a month. Meats, eggs, veggies? Pre smushed?
MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 6/20/13 3:23 am
VSG on 11/25/13 with

wowowow!

may i ask what your post op diet plan entails?

Horizon29
on 6/20/13 3:35 am
VSG on 05/22/13

3 days was clear liquid (it took all my effort to get in the minimum amount of water, and protein these days),

1 week of full liquids whi*****luded fruit juice, I had very little. I did have some strained low fat cream soup, most of them tasted disgusting to me though, otherwise it was my water and protein shakes (and sugar free popsicles),

and still on soft food diet (3 weeks), which seems more pureed, still drinking protein shakes (skim lactaid and protein powder), although their is pudding in this stage I haven't wanted it too much. Actually popsicles seem to be the only sweet food I want, which seems odd to me. I have had pureed (tuna and chicken) they seem to be my favorites, hard boiled eggs (scrambled make me nauseous, which is new), cottage cheese(also new, hated it until surgery), greek yogurt, (I've used it to help up the protein in my pureed chicken with some other seasonings to trick me into thinking I'm having something from a mexican restaurant) I've had some yogurt with splenda and mashed banana, or home sugar free applesauce as well. There are other foods I'm allowed to have, but have not done.
For the tuna I have heated it up and added a little bit of cheese for a sort of tuna melt.

I don't know if that was tmi, but that's essentially it.

MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 6/20/13 3:55 am
VSG on 11/25/13 with

I'm so impressed.

Hadrian
on 6/20/13 5:15 am
VSG on 06/13/13
No that's perfect, exactly what I was looking for.
Mom_2_4
on 6/20/13 4:05 am
VSG on 05/22/13

Hey Sleeve Sister!! Had my surgery the same day! I'm down 18 since surgery.  You're doing AWESOME!  Congratulations!

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13