Only 4.5 months Out and Falling of the Wagon - Venting.

thinnersinner
on 8/19/13 11:21 am

I say wear those sagging arms proudly!  It sounds like you are making progress despite having a set back and having saggy arms is an effect of losing so much weight.  He meant well and, unlike you, I had too many people who did sugar coat things for me...that probably kept me heavy for so many years.  Maybe you could mention to him that his comment hurt a little, but that you appreciate his honesty.  From what I read, we all have our struggles.  The surgery didn't take that struggle way, but it's good you recognize it and will get yourself straight again.  I've been there too. 

mokee
on 8/19/13 11:46 pm - OH
Don't take it so hard. I wish I still had my parents here with me. They died so very long ago. He did not mean anything my that comment. If I were you I would tell him how that made me feel. That will open the communication between the two of you.

VSG  12-28-2012

BREAZA
on 8/20/13 1:17 am
VSG on 04/24/13

I know he meant well and I love him dearly which is why I didn't say anything to him. He'd probably be puzzled if I brought it up to him again because I've never been one to be emotional or sensitive about things like that. We've always had great communication which is why he felt comfortable making that comment, but like I said for whatever reason I was sensitive that day..not sure why. Lol

On a different note, I woke up today not being able to find any clothes that fits because it's all big on me. My husband told me I needed to buy new slacks for work because the ones I've been wearing I'm now swimming in them. That was a great feeling! From a size 22 pants I'm now a slightly loose 14...YAAYY!! :)

Sleeved 4/24/13

HW 250 / SW 216 / GW 135 (I'm 5'3")

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views