A little update...

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/13 4:57 pm

I am back to my "fighting weight" of 105 lbs, down from 109 that I hit after my vacation.   I thought I would share some simple tips on how I did it.  Take what you need and leave the rest.

1) I went back to eating three protein only meals a day and two veggie snacks.

2) All my calories came from these five small meals, there was no grazing in between.

3) I increased my water intake and my exercise levels.

4) I started journaling my calories and protein grams again.  I hit 800-900 calories a day with 100 grams of protein.  I find 600 calories hard to do this far out, but I would have gone there if this didn't work.

5) I allowed myself to feel hungry again.  Hunger is not an emergency and I can take a little hunger to get what I want.  The hunger and cravings were resolved after about four days.  I think both were strong because I allowed carbs back in during vacation. 

6) I went back to measuring my food and taking pleasure in eating tiny bites.  It interested me to see how little, rather than how much food I could comfortably get away with eating ( I learned this one from Frisco).

Finally, I determined to do whatever I needed to do until I reached my goal and stabilized here.  I set a goal of reaching 105 lbs. by my support group meeting and I still have a week and a half to go.  It was harder to do this now than it was early out, but it was still doable.  Good luck to all of us in reaching and maintaining our goals, it is so very worth it.

Scott S.
on 9/9/13 5:10 pm - TX
That is awesome. Congrats for getting back on track and doing what needed to be done!

VSG: 8/8/13 

katym
on 9/9/13 5:44 pm - PA

Yay!

Great job getting your weight down quickly. Thanks for the example and instructions on how to make it happen. I appreciate seeing how you balance enjoyment of special occasions like your vacation with a determination not to accept weight regain as inevitable or hopeless.

all the best, Katy

consult weight 241 (had not been accurately weighed for over 10 years, my medical records just said "wheelchair") high weight was probably closer to 260. 

jubigirl
on 9/9/13 7:01 pm
VSG on 08/26/13
Thanks for sharing your regime with us. It's nice to see someone as far out as you still able to keep on track after a little fluctuation.

Kelli
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/13 7:08 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Great job Elina! Excellent tips!

MuttLover
on 9/9/13 8:17 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Thanks Elina!  Glad to hear that you are back to where you are most comfortable!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Nmmsg
on 9/9/13 8:32 pm
VSG on 07/09/13
Thanks for the note. You are an inspiration to us newbies still finding our way.

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Keith L.
on 9/9/13 9:28 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Great! Congrats! Now when's the next wine trip. I am just now back down to my pre-vacation weight.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/13 1:06 am

Next wine trip will have to wait.  I have a support group to stay skinny for and that's only a week and a half away.  :)  No way am I walking in there with anything but my best.  :)  It's going to be a struggle this weekend as it's pact with activities and parties.  Friday we are going to see Alan's friend's band at a local saloon, Saturday I am supposed to fast as it's Yom Kippur, but that is followed by Break the Fast at a friend's house (it is usually a huge feast), than Sunday is Mother's birthday brunch followed by two parties in a row.  I am going to have to stay super vigilant.

I am glad that you have brought your weight down to pre vacation levels.  How much more do you want to lose?

Deckeriv
on 9/9/13 9:32 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

I think the last time I was 105 was when I was six.............sigh

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op