I MISS COFFEE!

Deckeriv
on 9/11/13 9:46 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Coffee isn't a diuretic. That's an old wives tale totally debunked by a scientific paper.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

NewNatinIl
on 9/12/13 12:19 am

my directions were to skip coffee because it usually takes the place of water to drink and I should be drinking water. 

I'm 6 weeks out and have had a couple of lattes...BUT I decided to stick with decaf and skim milk. If I feel I need sweet, I get 1 pump of sugar free vanilla.  So, I satisfy my need for milk (tall is 100 calories, grande is 120 cal) and I don't over due the caffeine.  The caffeine can make your tummy upset.

jameas
on 9/12/13 12:34 am

I am one of those who was able to drink coffee sips at 1 month now at 3 months, I drink 2-3 cup, plus get my water, coffee is my 1 treat, but for me I choose to use it to my GREAT advantage I use 1/2 scoop of vanilla powder protein and 2 Tbsp of atkins cafee liquid protein drink so some calories from protein but it is great, so I am doing well with this, I  get my protein get my treat and comsume my water later in the day I am up early though at 5 so I have lots of time to catch up. It is my great pleasure coffee in the am! I have had NO problems.

Heather_Austin
on 9/12/13 4:16 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 08/26/13

That's a great suggestion!

Heather - Austin, TX

VanityFair
on 9/12/13 5:59 am, edited 9/12/13 6:00 am

Oy.  I loved coffee prior to surgery. I had a big k-cup maker and I was not afraid to use it.  Several times a day.  Like...nine.  Okay, ten.  I stopped counting at ten, anyway.

Post surgery?  Coffee still smells amazing.  Tastes, however, like licking empty toilet paper rolls (that smell like amazing coffee).

Oh well.  After months and months of no coffee at all (which probably helps me realign to tolerating not-coffee-really beverages) I pour a packet of Starbucks instant junk into my Premier RTD in the morning and call it a day.  (And hit the can.  Boy, did I miss that part of coffee.)

All that said - at two weeks out?  I'd be skipping coffee.  I know, I know.  Little Pollyanna Rule Follower that I am.  Those healing stitches and the inability to *really* feel it when I screw up would give me pause.  (It occurs to me that I say this in hindsight.  In hindsight it is possible that I break my arm patting myself on the back for not doing the **** I forgot I did.)

S

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views