Need Help from a Vet

atomic_bettie
on 9/11/13 10:18 am - OK

I am currently 2 years post op and down 160 lbs.  I got off the diet for several months and have actually gained about 10 lbs back.  I'm currently getting back to straight lean dense protein and veggies.  However, I have been finding that I have a substantially harder time losing a pound.  I have switched my meals around so I am eating later in the day (I work evenings).  This has been helping where I am not snacking on crap after work.  Any advice on how to get the scale moving again?  I drink close to 100-120oz of water a day and do not touch soda. 

Thanks in advance!

Visit my WLS blog:  themisfitscarlett.blogspot.com                                    
KathyA999
on 9/11/13 10:59 am

Earlier this year I had been drifting upwards, until I "woke up" last May at 147 (all-time low was 133).  So I went on the Whole 30, a 30-day paleo program, and lost 14 lbs in 30 days.  Bounced back again about 4 lbs, and there I've stayed, happily.  So these days, i follow basically a "paleo with cheese" program.  Fairly high fat, moderate protein, veg, seeds, nuts, fruit, a little dairy.

Here's the ink to Whole 30.  There's a book, too, called It Starts With Food, if you're like me and buy a book (or a dozen) on whatever you're getting into next, haha!

http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

lsereno
on 9/12/13 3:40 am - CA

Elina just posted  a great guide for how she dropped a few lbs after vacation. She's 4 years out and mentioned it does get harder as time goes by.

Lynda

lsereno
on 9/12/13 3:43 am - CA
cozmo98
on 9/12/13 8:52 am - GA

I'm in the exact same spot as you! 2 yrs out with 10 lb gain and I work evening shift! I started doing 800-900 calories with 70-100g of protein and trying to keep my carbs under 40 and doing more weight lifting (vs all cardio) and its slowly working...not as fast as the first year but it is coming off-5 more lbs to go! Good luck!

Most Active