LOSING WEIGHT LIKE CRAZY UNTIL 2 WEEKS POST OP!! WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED???

Metamorphosis1
on 9/12/13 2:42 am

I've hit a brick wall and I 'm only 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery!  I was losing consistently 1-2 pounds  everyday since surgery and then the past few days .....nothing.  Not an ounce. Is this weird?  I'm not eating much more than 600 calories .....shouldn't the weight still be coming off???  

Any of you experienced sleevers have any suggestions??  I am feeling a little :(   today  about this but likely it's normal.  I know the  first thing I need to do is to stop weighing myself everyday!  :)

thanks so much.

Robber
on 9/12/13 2:49 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 02/12/13

This is completely normal. You've just hit the 3rd week stall. Your body's going thorough a lot and you're going to stall out every once in a while. The key to getting through it is to just keep doing what you're doing and try not to worry about it.

HW: 560 First Surgeon's Consult: 540 Weight at Surgery: 495

Scott S.
on 9/12/13 3:32 am - TX

I am 5 weeks post op and you will hit those periods.  Especially when you start soft foods and solids.  Your body will adjust.  I hit a 3 day stretch and then... bam.... down 2 lbs.

Sleeve + Water + Exercise = Loss

Keep the faith!

VSG: 8/8/13 

claimmaster
on 9/12/13 3:46 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

After my first week and a half of massive weight loss, I started really slowing down.  I still managed to lose 13 pounds in my second month, but it was really slow going for about 4 weeks there.  The scale is starting to move again, thank goodness!  There are lots of things you can do to allow yourself to see that you really are making progress.  Taking your measurements is one way.  A lot of people on here say they go down in inches when they aren't going down in weight.  I also look at the report of my weightloss and look at the long term stats...the longer the better.  If I only look at a week, it doesn't look like I'm losing much of anything, but when I look at the last 6 months, my weight has been going steadily down.  Keep track of your non-scale victories, like being able to tie your shoe without passing out!  LOL

You're going to stall.  Probably a lot, and often, if you're like a lot of us here.  Don't let it get to you.  Easier said than done, I know, but people here will just tell you to stick to your plan and it WILL happen!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Metamorphosis1
on 9/12/13 4:06 am

Thank you!!! Thank you!!!  To everyone *****plied ....these are the answers and the encouragement I needed!

You are all doing so awesome!  Thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to me.

Have a great day!!

jubigirl
on 9/12/13 5:50 am
VSG on 08/26/13

I had my surgery 8/26 and went for my post op check last Thursday and lost 24 pounds!  I was SOOOO thrilled.  Well, just like everyone said, our bodies stall.  I haven't lost anything since.  I am following everything to a tea so I haven't let it get to me.  I decided this morning that I was going to weigh on Mondays.  That way I don't become discouraged.  I will say I feel like I'm losing.  I'm having no problems getting the water in and I started exercising. 

I am going to send you a friend request since our dates are so close, maybe even the same.  We can trek along together.

Kelli

Metamorphosis1
on 9/12/13 6:51 am

Thanks Kellli!  Actually my date was 8/26, too!!

linzeelee
on 9/12/13 7:15 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

I actually gained weight a week after surgery, then stalled for awhile. Hang in there. All stalls must end. Follow your plan and you will be back to losing.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

denisedufrene
on 9/12/13 2:47 pm - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

The typical stall...don't worry it passes...if you are anything like me be prepared for several stalls throughout this journey...hang in there...

HW: 287     SW:  285     CW:  176     GW:  150

Metamorphosis1
on 9/12/13 10:53 pm
Thanks so much .... Again!!! I really appreciate your feedback. It's nice to know that others have already blazed this trail I'm on. Thanks for being willing to share it!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 97 views