Pre-Op diet down 16lbs in 12 days!

Abster
on 9/13/13 5:35 am - AZ
VSG on 09/23/13

So I got on the scale this morning and I'm down a total of 16lbs in 12 days on my pre-op diet!! I can't believe how easy this has been! I even had a few moments in the shower where I was like "Why am I going for surgery if losing weight is this easy??" And then I remembered that I'll get sick of this diet eventually and I'll sit down with a whole box of oreos and then the next day I'll eat a whole loaf of bread with butter, and the next day I'll go out for a huge fatty carby salty lunch with work friends and each chips and salsa to boot if I don't get this surgery. Yep that's why I'm having this surgery. To help mitigate the fallout from "diet fatigue". This surgery is going to be a fantastic tool! It is not the reason I'm going to lose weight, it's the reason I won't binge like crazy when I get tired of being diligent. It's the reason I'll be able to treat myself eventually and still have control over my eating.

So excited to be doing this in 10 days!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/13 6:04 am
RNY on 03/10/14

That's excellent loss for the pre-op! Keep it going. Even better is that you are remembering why you are doing this and how you will only get as much out of it as you put in. Congrats and good luck!

Stephmom
on 9/13/13 6:48 am
Wow that's great! I'm on day 2 of my pre diet. Yay us!
Abster
on 9/13/13 8:03 am - AZ
VSG on 09/23/13

Yay us!! How long is your pre-op diet?

Stephmom
on 9/13/13 10:21 am
Dr sent it to insurance on Monday so I thought I'd get a jump start! But Dr,s diet is 2 weeks
Maxine1234
on 9/13/13 12:31 pm
Im in the same boat. Same thoughts. Thanks for posting

Heather_Austin
on 9/13/13 4:21 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 08/26/13

I just went through this as well.  I was shocked that I lost 15 pounds on my 11-day pre-op diet.  I was blown away because I even cheated a little on my pre-op diet (but not much and not with carbs except the one night with peanut M&M'[s).  I thought the same thing and them remembered all of the times I'd lost and gained the same damn 50 pounds but never the 100 or so that I really needed to loose.  It also was constant will-power for me to stay on the pre-op diet as well as I did.  However, it's been no will-power to stay on it post-op.  I just have to remind myself that I am not hungry because I'm not.  I sometimes "want" food but I'm not hungry and it's easier to tell myself no now.  It was impossible before with the constant mental barrages.

Good luck!

Heather - Austin, TX

shineysaphire
on 9/14/13 9:57 am

That is awesome!I wish I could say the same.. I unfortunately am not doing so well on my pre op diet..... I'm on day 10 and have only lost 6 pounds, this diet sux and I'm having a really hard time sticking to it. I have my pre op appt Monday... I guess we'll see if the dr tells me he wont do the surgery

mkvand
on 9/14/13 6:20 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Don't be discouraged.  6 lbs in 10 days is over half a pound a day.  With regular diets, people are only expected to lose between half a pound and two pounds a week.  So, to put that another way, you've lost more in one day than a lot of dieters lose in one week.  That sounds like you're doing pretty well to me.

shineysaphire
on 9/15/13 3:07 pm

Well when you put it like that! I suppose you are right! Thank you for the encouragement it means a lot! Tomorrow is the preop visit I hope the dr feels the same!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 460 views