Strength Training

AdeanaMarie
on 9/27/13 12:16 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

So, I finally am going to do it.  Strength training.  I have 5 pound weights, bought 8 pound weights last night, bought a couple DVD's that I heard were good for the basics and tonight will be my first session of 30 minutes.  Excited.  The only thing in gym class I loved was lifting weights and I was good at it.  Strong.  Cannot wait to get started.  Time to go the extra mile regarding the exercise and moving my body.  Getting too complacent with just walking the dog.  Need to shake it up a bit.  Especially since winter is on its way with the darkness flooding in.  Upping Vitamin D, increasing exercise and getting some sugar out of my diet.

Going to attack winter head on and not going to get the Michigan Winter Blahs this year!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Anne64
on 9/27/13 12:53 am
VSG on 06/19/13

Congrats!  I have a love-hate relationship with strength training...hate doing it, love the results!  I really love resistance bands as they are so versatile.

Anne

HW: 260 SW:233  CW: 159 Pre-surgery loss -27 Month One: -16.5. Month Two: -14.5 Month Three: -14 Month Four: -8  Month Five: -8  Months 6 - 9 total: 17

stephintexas
on 9/27/13 4:19 am

Good for you!!!

I was sold on strength training when I started talking to chicks at the gym who were lean and mean. They do HIIT cardio and then strength train. I picked their brains and finally got sold on the idea. The transformation is amazing. It takes a few weeks but it's like wow!

AdeanaMarie
on 9/27/13 8:13 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Just did the Leslie Samsone Firm in 30 strength training and loved it. Neck a bit sore, but that is from having to watch the DVD to learn what she is doing. Now that I know the moves, next time I can focus on form more. I can actually say that I like this form of exercise and it went by quick. I feel a bit like jello, but it is a good feeling. Yay! Started with five pound weights and that will be enough for awhile, until I get my form perfected and build up strength.

If you have never tried strength training with hand weights, give it a go, you might love it too!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views