I CANT WAIT #SOEXCITEDANDIJUSTCANTHIDEIT

jerseyjazzell
on 10/9/13 9:55 am

So my cousin recently got the Lap Band surgery. She did not inform our family about this surgery she really had us under the impression that she was kicking butt losing the weight on her own. (Not that there is anything wrong with surgery). Since I transferred schools in undergrad I gained about 75lbs. I had tried many diets and fads such as Jenny Craig, Weigh****chers, Nutri System, Lemonade diet, even the  baby food diet.... I know smh. The most recent weight loss program I joined I received B12 shots and diet plan weekly. Although I lost a lot of weight from the B12, I gained everything back plus more. I was officially convinced that there in no way possible I can lose this weight and keep it off on my own. Although I just turned 27, I have no other health concerns other than my weight. I did a lot of research on the Lap Band, Bypass, and the Sleeve. I believe the sleeve will be more beneficial for me. I spoke to my PCP and explained to her that I am strongly considering weight loss surgery she submitted a referral to a surgery weight loss class that is required for all kaiser patients. My class begins tomorrow. I have already completed most of the requirements for the weight loss surgery my BMI is 45.0, I am over 18 years old, I have gotten my blood work, psychological evaluation, mental health clearance and have already scheduled my follow up nutrition appointment. I am prepared and extremely excited about this new journey. I began journaling my food intake and daily activity. I hope this process can go by a lot faster. I WILL BE OFFICIALLY PREPARED FOR THE SUMMER OF 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MollyWobbles
on 10/9/13 11:03 am
VSG on 10/07/13

I hope all goes well for you :)

jerseyjazzell
on 10/9/13 11:25 am

Thank you so much I do too. Have you gotten the surgery?

shannonmcgee
on 10/9/13 11:51 am
VSG on 12/09/13

Congrats!!!!! You can do this.

cappy11448
on 10/9/13 12:15 pm

Congratulations on your decision and resolve.  I am so happy I had Weight loss surgery.  It really makes the weight loss possible.

I hope your process goes smoothly, and that we'll be sharing success stories from the "Loser's Bench" soon.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

jerseyjazzell
on 10/9/13 12:30 pm
Yes I will be sharing my journey I'm so excited and can not wait. I'm beyond anxious
TexasTerritory
on 10/9/13 4:57 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Awesome news!

pamiej
on 10/9/13 7:26 pm

I just finished the classes in August and I am one step away (meeting with the surgeon) from being scheduled.  I totally understand your excitement and share it.  I'm glad you picked the sleeve, Kaiser doesn't think very much of the lapband.

You will enjoy the classes.  Get to know your classmates and exchange phone numbers so you can support each other later on in the process.  This is a really good program, they are so helpful and concerned for you and want you to be prepared to make the best decision for you.      

Good luck!  I know you will be successful.

jerseyjazzell
on 10/9/13 9:33 pm
Thanks Pammie. Since you also went thru kaiser how long is the process? Also is there anyway the weighting can be shorten?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views