29 weeks post vsg, and FINALLY POSTING

SweetJanee
on 10/16/13 2:57 am
VSG on 03/26/13

Hello all you beautiful inspiring people!!!

I am Janeen aka sweetjanee, and have not been on since surgery! :( I honeslty thought i would've been on here going into surgery and posting regularly but that didn't happen.

On the day of my vsg, March 26, 13 i weighed 228 today oct. 16, 13 i am 181.7 for a loss of 47ish pounds. I am so happy with my progress only because I cant redo it but learn from it. Meaning, look at it analyze and choose either the same path or a better or worse one.

I read a thread about Cake from Elina earlier, and wham!! reality check! Last weekend coincidentally was my sons 12th birthday, and he too wanted a chocolate chip ice cream cake. OMG I had a slice not a sliver by any means...

ok so...I'm not comparing just seeing 'how it is' And this is how it is for ME.

I eat the cake, I choose to have the mindset, if I put anything off limits I will just want it more. This is what I have chosen to be true for me. ok so how is this working for me? its not!!!

Today i choose a new truth for my life!!! and that is this, I am not consuming anything that hinders my personal progress. The cake in my life hinders my personal growth.

I look at people and am inspired to learn from them to push myself to learn to love myself from the inside out. So when i get to goal, I dont know if I would choose the cake, i dont Love it and it most definitly dosnt love me back.

This all feels deep but then very simple to me all at the same time.

i love that i know im not going through this alone. :)

much love and God bless, Janeen

mimij
on 10/16/13 3:13 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

God bless you Janeen. You have probably seen the recurring theme here about moderation and is there a place for it in our lives. Everyone has an opinion. I can tell you I have experienced what you are describing. I fail miserably and am miserable when I fall into the trap of "making nothing off limits because I will only want it more."  

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

frisco
on 10/16/13 3:42 am

I love your line "It definitely doesn't love me back"

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/13 3:42 am

Welcome back and I am glad that my post reached you.  That was my intention you know, to reach you and help you come to your own revelations based on your history and experience.  I only want to provide the spark, you have the tools to make the fire burn.  

Most Active