Help!! Thanksgiving Festivites are About to Commence!

dreamslim
on 11/14/13 1:41 am - San Antonio, TX

Long time no see.  School has been kicking my butt so it's been hard to keep up with this site, but I'm back with a dilemma.  As you know Thanksgiving is two weeks away and I'm worried about gaining.  I'm a little over 4 months post-op my highest wait was 250 before surgery 249 day of surgery and as of this morning I am at 189.8!!!!! This surgery has been the best thing that I've ever done and I can't even remember the last time I was in onederland. One of my short term goals was to be in the 180s by Christmas because I'm going to Nigeria and wanted to feel good about myself and I'm already there so now I'm gonna try to aim for 170s now to challenge myself. My fear is this holiday season. I don't want to gain weight and I would actually like to continue to loose during this time but I know how hard it is to do so. My festivities start next week with a thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday for a school thing then a another one on Thursday for my friends thing, then I'm hosting one on Sunday for my housewarming party and then actual Thanksgiving with my family back in Dallas.  That's FOUR Thanksgiving! When I planned my thing I didn't know about the first two and it was to late to cancel.  So now I would like to know if anyone one has any tips and tricks on how they are going to survive this holiday season.  The good thing is that I won't be able to eat to much but the bad thing is that there is going to be an abundance of carbs which I'm trying to avoid.  I know to eat my protein first and workout as much as possible but I was just wondering if there is any other advice that can be given. Thanks for any help guys and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all my sleevers out there.

Sandy M.
on 11/14/13 1:46 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I would also recommend that you try to drink a glass of water before you sit down to eat.  And don't drink with your meals.  And like you said, protein first, veggies second, starch LAST!  

You can do this!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Scott S.
on 11/14/13 5:25 am - TX

I'm a little over 3 months out.  My plan is to stick with the turkey and veggies.  If I take a roll, it will be the edge of a crescent.

I am definitely doing some cardio that morning.  It always sets the right tone for the day.

If protein fills you up like it does me still (only 3 oz at a time still), just focus on that. 

Good luck and check back in.

You can do it!!

VSG: 8/8/13 

Sandy M.
on 11/14/13 6:04 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Don't know where you are in Texas, but if you're in the Fort Worth area, come do a 5K with me in the morning!

http://thanksgiving5000.athlete360.com/

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Scott S.
on 11/15/13 12:26 am - TX

I'm in Dallas, so not too far!   What a great way to start Thanksgiving!  I may have to take you up on that offer someday!

VSG: 8/8/13 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views