VSG 12/31/13 ! New here

saraD1977
on 1/3/14 8:39 am

I recently had a VSG on 12/31/13 in Boston MA with Dr. Schneider. I came home yesterday and everything still feels so SURREAL!

I haven't lost any weight, in fact I feel slightly swollen and bloated....water weight?

When will I start losing weight?

Doing well with fluids and protein....SLOW GOING! Boy does it hurt if I take in too much!

Anyone have trouble with Colace? It taste like POISON!!!!! Thank goodness I started "moving" so I am skipping that tonight.

Have six small incisions and they are itching like crazy. Two of them are really bruised and ugly.

I am having a slight buyers remorse when I see my family eating real food. Although I am not hungry at all, everything they put in their mouths is like eye candy and I miss FOOD!

So far on Stage 3 I have been eating sugar free jello, pudding, unsweetened applesauce, 0% greek yogurt, cottage cheese, riccota cheese and my lovely protein shakes. Anyone have any other Stage 3 suggestions? I fear it will be a long 2 weeks until my appointment and stage 4 advancement  :(

Overall very pleased with my decision...despite not losing weight yet (normal????)

Appreciate any tips, advice, stories, etc...

Also having the hardest time loading a profile pic...every one I try says it is too bug. Dont know how to make it smaller!

Thanks,

Sara.

Also how do I load my "widget"? numbers etc....

mustlovepoodles
on 1/3/14 9:40 am
VSG on 12/31/13

I was sleeved on 12/31/13, too. I just told my DH that the whole event feels surreal. I worked so hard to get the surgery and here I am on the other side. I'm impressed that you're on stage 3 foods!  I'm doing good to just get my fluids in. Protein is a challenge.  My stomach is bloated and tender and I'm all bruised up. I know what you mean about food. My DH ate a big ol' piece of coconut cake while ago. Didn't even think about it. I just had to leave the room.

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

saraD1977
on 1/3/14 9:50 am

Glad to meet someone in my same situation! I thought New Years Eve was a great day for surgery! I started Stage 3 in hospital on Thursday...I had to tolerate that before discharge.

I brought home a bunch of 1 ounce medicine cups and just keep 6-8 of them filled with protein shakes (Premier Protein goes down easiest)

and some with water. I just keep sipping and watching movies. I did take a nice 3 hour nap today after my Roxicet! Cannot tolerate the liquid Colace!

Have you lost any weight? I know I should give it some time but like you said...I have waited so long for this day and am axious to see results!!!

Take care and keep in touch. Where did you have your surgery?

Sara

Scott S.
on 1/3/14 9:27 pm - TX

Congrats on your surgery!

If you are having BM's, you are in good shape.  I was on liquids for 2-3 weeks and then onto eggs, salmon, cottage cheese, chicken... all soft.  My go to shake was Premier Protein at 32g protein in 11oz.

The first 6 months are considered to be the honeymoon period.  Enjoy it and work that sleeve.  

One big suggestion is to start exercising when possible.  Initial, I could salvage 1-2 miles at a slow pace.  5 months later, I can burn 1200-1400 calories before my day starts.

The weight loss will come, but remember every one is different.  

Keep your chin up and can't wait to hear about results!

VSG: 8/8/13 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 208 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 292 views