protien shake help please...

Kelly Jean
on 3/15/14 9:44 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Help ..... can you guys tell me a good protien shake that doesnt taste horrible pleaseeeeeeeee

Aquafinaflo
on 3/15/14 10:25 am
VSG on 02/18/14

I use premier protein. You can find it at Walmart and SAMs club and it's pretty reasonable. I can't stomach the chocolate, but the vanilla is straight. And if you have pharmacy coverage it will pay for them using insure nutrition.

Hw: 260 lbs / start weight: 248 lbs / SW:238 lbs / 1wk postop:228 lbs  

current weight:  219 lbs   

mollz007
on 3/15/14 10:26 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Lol I just wrote a post about this and didnt even see this! As we speak I am sipping on a shake made with Celebrate ENS vanilla cake batter and it is wonderful! My other favorites are syntrax nectar chocolate truffle and double stuffed cookie. If you are looking for a RTD shake, I like Ensure High Protein. You can order samples of lots of different brands from nashua nutrition.

check out my blog!

mollz007
on 3/15/14 10:27 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Oh and I got the Nectar ones at vitamin shoppe. Might have then at GNC too but I'm not sure. The celebrate I think might be only online but dont quote me on that.

check out my blog!

Annievvho
on 3/15/14 10:26 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

I like Syntrax Nectar. I've used the Chocolate Truffle, Cappuccino, Vanilla Bean Torte, and Strawberry Mousse. They're pretty tasty, high in protein, 0 carbs. 

Tlove6
on 3/15/14 10:38 am

How do you prepare those?

Annievvho
on 3/15/14 11:13 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

I make them with 8 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

sometimes I add in PB2 or some sugar free syrups or something.

Kelly Jean
on 3/15/14 11:09 am
VSG on 04/08/14

thank you all so much for the quick responses ...im new to this so many questions and thoughts...my surgery is April 8th ...im so excited and optomistic !,,,,

DesertRose
on 3/15/14 4:08 pm
VSG on 01/08/14

Since you're preop, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on protein shakes just yet.  A lot of people's tastes change after surgery, and you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of stuff you won't use.

Also, it's kind of an individual thing; what one person likes, another might hate.

I personally have had good experiences with Syntrax Nectar flavors, and with Jay Robb, both of which I get in sample packets at The Vitamin Shoppe, but you can also order samples of every protein powder under the sun (or so it seems) at nashuanutrition.com.

Best wishes!

mlopez77
on 3/15/14 5:11 pm
VSG on 05/16/14 with

8 oz of vanilla soy milk

1 tbsp of artificial sweetener

1 scoop of Power Maxx Vanilla protein powder

4 tsp of instant decaf coffee (you can add more if you want, the more coffee the less you taste the protein powder)

7 ice cubes

I stir everything together except the ice. The I put add the ice once everything is mixed well and blend with my nutra bullet, but you can use a blender too. I still have not mastered no foam. I don't think it's possible.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views