HELP. STUCK AND NOW GAINING

KIMMIKAK1119
on 4/22/14 5:52 am

OK. I've done all the normal stuff.  

So as much as I know anoiurt all this I am getting really scared.  

I was stuck at 165 forever then scale finally moved and I got to 150.  Not my goal of 130 and never reached it.  stuck back and forth 5 lbs up and down 150-155 but maintained for 1 1/2 yrs.  Tries to GWR it to move with no luck.  

Now I'm up 10-12 lbs.  And terrified.  

Anyone else going thru this and how do i get it to stop and start going down again?

I have a lot of health issues and they didn't think i would lose weight at all so I know i should be happy but I'm not.  And I am as I said terrified of continuing to gain.   

Please anyone have suggestions?    

KIMMIKAK                                                 
KIMMIKAK1119
on 4/22/14 5:54 am

A few typos above but hope you all get it.  Thanks

KIMMIKAK                                                 
Scorpio98
on 4/22/14 6:13 am

If you're gaining--get back to basics.  Track every bite, lots of water and dense protein, most of your carbs from veggies and keep the carbs low, in the 30-40 range.  Also, mix up your exercise routine a bit.  Add in some strength training of you haven't already done so and mix up your cardio routine.

Jackie T.
on 4/22/14 7:18 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Adding to what Scorpio was saying:  Eat your protein first, get at least 60-80 grams of protein or more and don't drink 30 minutes before/after a meal. 

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

FindingMyWeigh
on 4/22/14 11:03 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

I have no idea what GWR means. 

As far as weight regain, stop grazing, lower the carbs to 30-40g a day, up your protein to 80-100g a day, fluids at 64 oz to 100oz a day and start moving. 

Health issues can be tricky, but you lost before with those health issues, and you can do it again, so be wary of the head games that can accompany that particular justification of weight regain. 

I'm not unsympathetic when it comes to health issues, I personally take Rx that quite a few people associate with weight gain, I just move beyond that and stay focused on my goals and that makes it easier for me.

The scale is your friend! A few pounds can be water weight, but IMO, once it gets over 5lbs of weight gain, it's time to stop the carb/sugar/grazing etc..train and get serious about your health. 

The first few days detoxing from carbs/sugar will be rugged. Tough it out, get back into weight loss mode and stay accountable for every food decision you choose to make.

Colleen 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views