I wonder if I'm eating enough!!!

Kelly Jean
on 5/14/14 11:04 am
VSG on 04/08/14

I'm trying to eat in really am... I'm almost never hungry.. I try to make sure I have my protien shake each day... I have some cheese or chicken for lunch but I can only do about 4 maybe 5 spoons and then I feel like there is a brick in my stomach and a slight hick up starts. Dinner same as lunch in tried to have a drum stick tonight I ate maybe a bit more then half and 1 carrot... that's it I can't handle any more then that.. and that was today which was a good day... I'm 5 weeks our shouldn't I be able to handle more then this...even my water intake isn't great... God I wish I could just chug water again... um thirsty but I can only done sips and then I have to wait a while before I can have any more..... can you tell me is this normal ..I don't think so and how can I do more... my calories are probably about 300 to 400 a day...

MAchick
on 5/14/14 11:20 am
VSG on 01/27/14

It will all come in time. The protein drinks got easier, drinking in general got easier. I just made drumsticks a couple weeks ago and can only eat the meat off one.

In the beginning it's more difficult, I think, because your head wants you to eat and drink more. It doesn't seem "natural" to only eat a few small bites. But the swelling will subside and it will become second nature to you.

I was only around 300-400 calories at your point too. I think a lot of us were. Don't ru**** just learn to manage.

Kelly Jean
on 5/14/14 11:44 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Thank you MAChick. ..  :-)

frisco
on 5/14/14 11:42 am

Sounds like your doing fine. Just keep your fluids up.

At 6 weeks I was at a half of a scrambled egg.

You may want to back off the chicken for a while. Chicken should be one of the last proteins to re-introduce back into your diet.

Egg and soft moist fish are easier to tolerate at first for most. It also helps to wet your food, a little tomato soup for "gravy" helps lubricate things.

Under eat your capacity!

Hope this helps.

frisco 

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kelly Jean
on 5/14/14 11:48 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Ftisco.   That's funny because that's what I keep thinking we'll at least I'm under eating my sleeve....  ok so I'll try to go back to scrambled eggs and see how that works. .Thank you so much for the advice! !!

Kelly Jean
on 5/14/14 11:48 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Ftisco.   That's funny because that's what I keep thinking we'll at least I'm under eating my sleeve....  ok so I'll try to go back to scrambled eggs and see how that works. .Thank you so much for the advice! !!

Plumlove
on 5/15/14 2:23 am

Ditto for me folks - most dense proteins make me feel sick and in food coma…  Today I ate the inside of a panera soufflé - so sans any breading. It was very soft, moist and light and sat very well. Probably the first thing I ate that didn't make me feel ick. Frisco as resident chef - so you have a recipe that would be the inside of the soufflé without the bread? How do they get it to be so light an airy? soft scrambled eggs and poached eggs are still heavier…. 

Gwen M.
on 5/15/14 2:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm not Frisco, but I know a bit about cooking.  I would go for this type of method to get souffle-style eggs.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Plumlove
on 5/15/14 3:01 am

Thanks Lady!

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/14 12:56 pm

More than anything else, try to hit your liquid and protein numbers daily.  I used to do this with protein shakes (kills two birds with one stone idea).  Early on, that's how I mostly got my nutrition.  The calories do not worry me, lack of liquid and/or protein does. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views