Working on my post-weight loss bucket list

Sandra J.
on 7/8/14 5:10 am
VSG on 06/05/14

So I have created a post-weight loss bucket list. It has taken me a few weeks to put it together and I'm excited to get started on completing what I have on it. But... I want more!!!  I want a huge list so I can proudly check things off. Here's what I have so far:

• Shopping all store (not just LB)
  • Zip Lining (by the way, I'm scared of heights!! )
  • Riding roller coasters without the fear of not fitting thin the harnest, staps or buckles. (I had to get off of 2 different rides at Lego Land because I was big  Talk about embarassing!!!)
  • Run a 5K, or maybe even a 10K
  • Go horsback riding... AGAIN!
  • Learn to scuba dive... which entails getting into a wet suit!
  • Go white water rafting
  • Water-ski AGAIN!!
  • Lose 30% BF before I turn 30.

So, do you have a bucket list and if so what's on it?? Crazy, strange, big or small, I want to hear them all!!

Sandra Johnson

Sleeved on 6/5/14

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/8/14 5:18 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You can actually add these goals to your OH profile if you're interested.  One of mine was to be able to paint my own toenails.  A VERY small NSV, but something that always made me feel inadequate.  

I want to travel in planes and be comfortable, sky dive, ride roller coasters, etc.  Funny how these are often common threads among the MO.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Sandra J.
on 7/8/14 5:25 am
VSG on 06/05/14

Thanks! I actually just added them there before my post here. Great one with your toe nails! I could always paint mine, but never comfortably or without having difficulties breathing. I think I'll have to add the plane thing to my list too. I just went to Nashville for work in April and had to get seatbelt extenders!

Sandra Johnson

Sleeved on 6/5/14

ShawnaMC
on 7/8/14 5:28 am

Some of the same!

• Zip-lining. I went on an Alaskan cruise four years ago, and I was 17lbs too heavy to do it (more now). I can't wait to go again and be able to zipline through a forest in Alaska!
  • Shopping in ANY store. Torrid and LB are expensive. And the little asian-owned stores that have super cute clothes in "plus sizes" that never fit?! Ugh. I am NOT a 5X, but they seem to think I am. LOL
  • Run a 5K, or run at all really. I have a really messed up ankle and my doctor seems to think that being lighter will alleviate a lot of my pain there. Then I shall run.
  • Cross my legs. Don't know if I was old enough to worry about doing that last time I could.

I'm sure there are more, but those are big ones for me. :)

Instagram

Sandra J.
on 7/8/14 5:42 am
VSG on 06/05/14

Torid closed in our town years ago so all I have is LB and I have to catch everything on the 50% off sales!

I have the same issue with my ankle. I sprained it when I was 12 and then again last year, so I have to wear a brace when it it’s acting up. I have down loaded the couch to 5K app and started it over the weekend. I actually did really good with the first walk/ run so it has really boosted my confidence!

Sandra Johnson

Sleeved on 6/5/14

ShawnaMC
on 7/8/14 5:47 am

That is so awesome that you're getting some success with the C25K app. I know a lot of my friends have done that too. Right now, running makes my lungs try to kill me. And my ankle. I can barely do an hour of a hard Zumba class without some bruising inside my heel. I partially tore two ligaments in my ankle about four years ago. I thought I was fine, because I had sprained my ankle so many times in the past, and it healed up after a bit. Well, this one didn't. In fact it kept getting worse, so after nearly three weeks I went to county hospital (I had no job/insurance at the time) and after months with them, found out that I had torn a ligament on both sides (I'm THAT good, folks!) and had waited too long to go to the hospital so it healed on its own. And healed wrong. So, pain. Hooray.

Cannot wait to try running again!!!

Instagram

DeafNatural
on 7/8/14 2:43 pm - Winter Haven
RNY on 08/06/14

I love Torrid but I will be so happy to not have to shop there. I envy my sister who is able to shop just about anywhere she wants while I'm limited to LB, Torrid (mostly online), and Catherine's. I'm 28 and I dress like I'm 60 lol.

High: 385 lbs     Start: 376 lbs           Current: 328.5 lbs.         Goal: 125 lbs

“The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.”  -Steve Maraboli

Ihearttennis
on 7/8/14 6:50 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

One of the most important things on my bucket list was to look at a picture taken with a group of my girlfriends and not stand out as the biggest.  I have always been the biggest of all my friends and it's nice now to just blend right in! 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Sandra J.
on 7/8/14 9:05 am
VSG on 06/05/14

This is a great one!!!

Sandra Johnson

Sleeved on 6/5/14

Gwen M.
on 7/8/14 9:02 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I signed up for my first 5K last month - I'll be running it in October.  Eek!  :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views