11 weeks out. Weight is dropping, life is filled with drama. What's up with that???

Twinsinsept.
on 7/20/14 1:09 pm
VSG on 05/06/14

I'm thrilled to be 11 weeks out and 60 lbs down. The past 2 weeks have been challenging to say the least. I won't bore you with the details, but in a nutshell...

- two of my neighbors/"friends" ganged up against me and basically said my 10 year old twins were *****es. (Not true)

-my rheumatologist refused to treat me because I didn't clear my sleeve surgery with him first. Had to fire him, and no appointments open until October. :( 

-drama at work over some family surveys that didn't come out as expected. 

I find that I'm moody, irritable and overly sensitive. I know, all of the hormones stored in the fat etc. BUT this sucks. I can't reason with myself when I feel like this. 

Had lunch with my skinny/fit BFF today who totally gets me. She said that my stress reliever and tool for dealing with anxiety is gone- no more overeating sugar and chocolate. What do I do now??  I see a counselor every other week. I see her tomorrow, and she's going to earn her money!!!  

That being said, I don't want to scare the pre-ops out there, so I will tell you that I would much rather be a sensitive ***** 24/7 than see those 60 lbs ever again!!!  I know it will get better, I'm just wondering how many people I'm going to **** off til that day comes!!!!

Thanks for being there!!!

HW: 345. CW 272

Cheryl H.
on 7/20/14 2:19 pm - Crowley , TX
VSG on 07/24/14

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I am preop and *****y as heck!  This 2 week liquid diet with NO solid food has me cranky as all get out and now you tell me it's gonna continue?   Bwahahaha!  

Keep up the good work and it's gotta be some tiny bit of consolation that you at least realize your feelings and shortcomings, knowing where the root of it lies, right?

Cheryl

SATXVSG
on 7/20/14 11:55 pm - Selma(San Antonio), TX
VSG on 04/22/14

I had lunch with my brother yesterday and we were talking about walking.   He had some minor heart issues and 3 years of walking has allowed his heart to repair itself.(He is in a heart study in Houston that documented this)   Further, he was talking about walking a labyrinth at church and that walking and mediatating help you deal with problems.  He quoted St Augustine who said, "It is solved by walking".

Surgery Date 04-22-14 HW 2011 388(lost 60lbs on WW, regained 40) Surgery Consult Weight 1/10/14 - 367 SW 357 - CW 9/15 210.

Stalls are your body's way of telling you not to get too cocky.

5K - 1st 59:00(9/14) PR 33:45(9/15)

10K - 1:14(10/15) 1/2 - 1st 3/20/16

Most Active