All the things I never knew I couldn't do... Add to my list!

Gail D.
on 7/31/14 12:47 am, edited 8/1/14 12:26 am

Here are some of the things I can do now, that I couldn't do before, but didn't acknowledge I couldn't do.

1. Cross my legs. Like REALLY cross my legs

2. Sit in a desk chair without the arms digging into my hips or overflowing the sides

3. Climb two flights of stairs without even thinking about the fact I'm about to do it.

4. Walk several blocks -- and several hours -- at ComicCon

5. Sit on the floor without worrying if I can get up.

6. Squat down to pick up something I dropped, and be able to stand right back up again.

7. Put on socks without having to maneuver into position.

8. Have better sex (yep, I went there)

9. Cross my arms beneath my breasts, not on top of my stomach

10. Put on a pair of nylons without breaking a sweat

11. Sit in a booth at a restaurant and not have to wiggle and slide my way in, and have space between me and the table edge

12. Going to the airport and not panicking, trying to remember if I packed my personal belt extender.

How about you? What have you found yourself doing, and only then pause to think "I couldn't do this before!"

I thought of more last night! So I'm adding a couple...

13. Wrapping myself in a towel after my shower, and I'm actually wrapped.

14. Someone else posted this in a comment, but I agree because it happened: Having someone take a double take on my ID because I was 130 pounds heavier in it than I am now.

15. Sitting down just about ANYWHERE and not worrying if I'll fit... restaurant, movie theater, plane, auditorium...

mzfree
on 7/31/14 1:18 am - Chicago, IL
with

Well alright, I got next !!!! I'm in the processes of looking forward to doing these things, i'm so excited 

He is my help 

Stacy_WLS
on 7/31/14 1:23 am

Walk around in a skirt / dress without my thighs rubbing raw

Run -- like really run!

Do an arm balance in yoga (I'm only up for a few second, but hey!)

Fit in my bathtub -- the water will drain without my butt causing a suction block

Walk around a crowded room and not worry about knocking things over with my bum

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

breathemusic
on 7/31/14 5:49 am

Yes, yes, double yes to being able to finally wear a skirt or dress without rubbing my thighs raw!!  I used to buy leggings and cut them into shorts to wear under skirts for that reason.  Now even though my thighs still touch, I don't get skin irritation!

The other NSVs people said are awesome too, but I think the thighs were the thing that excited me the most!

Tracy D.
on 7/31/14 1:24 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Many of yours are also mine, Gail!  

1.  Walk in between cars in a parking lot without turning sideways and not worrying that I'll get my clothes dirty.  I was always brushing my fat gut or butt up against something. 

2.  Feet no longer get sore when I've been standing for long periods of time. 

3.  No longer ashamed to get a bikini wax 

4.  Tie my shoes without huffing and puffing 

5.  Paint my own toe nails

6.  Always asking for a booth in a restaurant and having LOTS of room - so much room now that it seems kind of ridiculous - lol! 

7.  Enjoy the summer heat without sweating my ass off

8.  If I'm sitting in the middle of a row at the baseball game or theater, I no longer worry that I'm going to knock into people as I shimmy past them. 

9.  Run!  I can run and my heart doesn't feel like it's going to explode. (I don't run far, but I can run FAST!) 

10.  Do strenuous workouts without any worries about seriously injuring myself.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Patrick McGuire
on 7/31/14 2:34 am

These are all so great....I'm doing my last pre-op apps today/tomorrow. Looking forward to getting to those days

U

Flygirlmedic
on 7/31/14 2:38 am

The biggest thing for me is running to catch my next flight when the first one was delayed. I can now run through the airport without feeling like I am going to pass out. And since I travel for work a great deal, and my flights seem to be always late...this is a great thing.

VSG 2/25/14 Dr. David Kim    HT 5'5" 51yo SW 230 CW 170.2 GW 135

greensleeved
on 7/31/14 4:04 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Congratulations! Looking forward to all of this.

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

themexcellentone
on 7/31/14 7:31 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Your signature cracks me up!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

mikesmom3502
on 7/31/14 4:09 am
VSG on 08/06/14

I am looking forward to being able to do each and every one of these items that EVERYBODY has posted!!!   

Surgery Date: August 6, 2014. (Dr's Goal weight for me is set at 162~My Goal Weight is 145.  (I think, will see how i feel at 162!)

Weight at Start of this Journey - 243.5 , SW 228.5, 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views