the insurance company rejected

denicegoepp
on 8/5/14 11:56 pm, edited 8/6/14 4:45 am - conyers, GA

Have to do a peer to peer ....well stuff.....well after 39 min on  the phone is not the surgery its the hospital they (insurance company and my employer) for this surgery has to be in certain hospital  so with that being  sad  applying has begun   

iloveravens
on 8/6/14 12:19 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Sorry to hear this - what does peer to peer mean?

Jaime P.
on 8/6/14 12:32 am
VSG on 07/22/14

I was told the same thing, but my doc just sent in an appeal with 75 pages of stuff backing it up and I was approved. They said the peer to peer is pretty hard to get setup between the doc & insurance doc but I ended up not actually needing it. Hopefully your doc is used to it and knows what to do to get you approved. I have Anthem BCBS, btw. Good luck!

Instagram

32 y/o female 5'2"; HW 260; GW 140; SW 245.8; CW 233; BMI 43.6

Lemily
on 8/6/14 2:23 am
VSG on 01/16/14

My doctor had to do a peer to peer on the day before my scheduled surgery - which is the day i was rejected. They set it up and all was approved. My issue was that the doctor didnt submit a post-nutrition plan for me or something. The problem is that doctors arent actually reviewing the information, case managers are whether they are nurses im not too sure. The surgeon will get on the phone with the doctor at the insurance company and they will ha**** out.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views