Football and Food

feels_so_good
on 9/5/14 11:46 am
VSG on 05/20/14

I was waiting for this time of year. From my earliest memories, I've always watched NFL football. When younger, 20 relatives got together and talked and watched and of course there was food. In college it was wings and beer or pizza. That, in addition to cooking has carried into my adult years.

As I drove home from work Thursday, I passed by the fast food places, didn't find myself feeling hungry, actually had to make myself eat as I was watching the opening game.

But, it was an odd feeling to think back about how much has changed. Last year I'm sure would have stopped at bw3 for a boneless wing special of 24, a family size french fry with cheese, and drinks. Or, to avoid drinking and driving/taxi, I could have ordered a 16" pizza, breadsticks, and a 12 pack of beer. Then, I would have shopped Saturday to stock up for all-day-sunday-funday of football. More beer during pre-game (stopping around dinner - in time so I wasn't hungover for work) a 3lb block of veletta mixed with 2 lbs of ground beef for a taco dip I ate with a bag of chips and a side of guac (4 or 5 avocado's). Then for dinner...probably repeated my pizza order or maybe picked up a dominos buy one get one (xl) special and added a side or two. 

So only about a 10,000 calorie difference.

Who knows if it will be this easy down the road, but thankfully I don't have the hunger (even head hunger) to celebrate with food. Don't get me wrong, I'm still thinking about what to eat and making it special - but the hunger, the knowing I will give and and "do damage" is gone. I love knowing my priority is protein and I know that stuffing myself is about a 9,500 calorie difference.

Maybe I'll pound out a chicken breast and bake with some mariana and cheese for a mock chicken parm or pick up some beef jerky, even some taco meat and guac would be healthy. 

Loving this sleeve and loving how easy it's been to live with/adapt to eating less.

Good luck to your favorite team (unless they are playing the Vikings)

Todd

5'10" Male : Consult Weight 428 1/16/14 : Pre-op m1 -3, m2 -12, m3 0, m4 -27 : SW 386 : m1 -25, m2 -22 m3 -15 4 -12: LW 278 CW 320 : Total Loss 108

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/14 11:53 am

What a wonderful post!  Good luck with your team too, unless the Vikings are playing the 49ers. :)

jenn1469
on 9/5/14 12:45 pm

You no last Saturday was my son's first football game of the seasom. It was hard with the snack bar all smelled so good.  Made my husband get cheese Frys so i can have one fry. Lol he learned he loves them. Besides that i did good just sat there and drank my protein shake. Many more games this season i gotta be strong lol

Jennifer

frisco
on 9/5/14 1:29 pm

Just think of the awesome "Team Wear" you will fit into next season !!!!

I was never into "Team Wear" because it just called to much attention to my fatness (not my Phatness!) and I've bought some nice Niner and Giants stuff (Size small... stuff runs big)

Go Niners !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kelly Jean
on 9/7/14 10:58 am
VSG on 04/08/14

What a great idea frisco you always make food look like art!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Rez_123
on 9/5/14 2:27 pm

Yes to all of this!  Last year for NFL opening Sunday I was at a bar for about 7 hours and I don't want to think about how many calories I consumed in "lite" beer and bar food alone.  This year I'm very excited about the 2 ounces of chili I'll be eating. 

Oh and I believe the Vikings are playing my secret boyfriend Tom Brady and the Patriots in week 2, sooooo..... 

VSG on July 1, 2014.  High Weight: 351 Consult Weight: 338 Surgery Weight: 325  Current Weight: 175

6 Month Pre-op: -13 M1: -27 M2: -14 M3: -23 M4: -14 M5: -20 M6: -10 M7: -14 M8: -8 M9: -3 M10: -7 M11: -1 M12:-0 M13:-0 M14:-8

Total Weight Loss: 163lbs

sillymilly
on 9/7/14 9:35 am - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

My new football foods:

wings - I bake them and don't eat the skin

spicy shrimp

pepperoni chips

zucchini chips

cheese "chips"

i usually pick one of the above and make it, for when snack time comes along during a game.  It is hard to not snack throughout games like I used to, but I drink a lot instead.

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

Kelly Jean
on 9/7/14 11:04 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Same here great post.... my family are HUGE JETS fans .... and eating tons and tons of crap was the normal... As a matter of fact it was super bowl night 11 years ago that I started to feel like crap I was rushed to the ER I was pregnant with my last child and found out that night that my blood sugar was well over 500 and i was insulin dependent gestational diabetic !!! God I ate so much crap that night!!!! Now we have some peanuts grilled chicken food is no biggie at all. .. and guess what the games are still great!!!! 

GO JETS!!!! TODAY WAS A GREAT START !! :-)

♡ Kelly

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views