Reasons for sleeve (stomach) to stretch - is overeating the only reason?

Mommydoo
on 9/24/14 3:34 pm - OR

Why would the banana stretch back to a normal stomach?  Is overeating the only reason?  Could it be from strenuous exercise or are there other reasons?

Highest Weight: 308  Pre-Op Weight: 268 ~ Surgery 7/17/13         

mickeymantle
on 9/24/14 3:44 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

if it was improperly made using the wrong part of the stomach it is more likly to stretch

I was told mine would stretch in 1-2 years from 2 oz to about 8-12 oz , a normal stomach is 32+ oz

I now after 13 months able to eat 4 oz protein and about 4 oz veggies in one meal

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Quanita L.
on 9/24/14 4:46 pm - Adelaide, Australia
VSG on 11/12/14

In my experience my sleeve was stretched due to constant over eating - I wasn't eating to vomit every time, but it was a reasonably regular thing - maybe twice a month.  I also ate to super uncomfortable full in addition to that without needing to throw up as well.

My size perception is from a side plate with no fluids  (say 1-2yrs post op) to 2 dinner size plates with say 1litre of fluid (after overeating) 

I know from talking to others that it can get to maybe 1 dinner plate (no liquids) but there would not be anything beyond that without abuse of some kind (only anecdotal evidence)

In relation to which part of your stomach I don't think the skill of my surgeon has anything to do with what happened to me. I think that both parts of your tummy can stretch or relax but to different extents, which I think is why now even though my stomach looks like a normal size in scans and tests, I still can't eat as much as I used to be able to (the tissue that is available now is not as stretchy, because it was from a different part of my tummy than an unsleeved tummy would be.

Q Re-VSG & Plicated 12Nov2014 (all kg) HW: 110 '06 & 98 '14 SW : 89 CW: 81.3 Pre-Surgery: -9 M1: -6.3 M2: -1.4  TTL: -16.7    

Luvmygs
on 9/25/14 12:25 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I love Dr. Alverez. Here's his theory on stomach stretching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv8X6H_jLgY

frisco
on 9/25/14 6:43 pm

That was a good video.... thanks for posting !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

csbsteph
on 9/25/14 8:53 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

Thank you for posting Dr. Alverez video, all of them that I've watched so far are very informative and helpful and I'm a subscriber now.  THANK you for posting

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Luvmygs
on 9/26/14 12:54 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

You're welcome. I think they are very informative and coming from a surgeon.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views