Coffee??

Pokerdiva13
on 10/5/14 3:02 am - Canada

I'm having surgery in 2 weeks. I drink 2 extra large 3 cream 3 sugar. I know I can't have that . Did everyone just give up coffee all together?

pineview01
on 10/5/14 3:09 am - Davison, MI

I did.  After surgery I found a protein powder made with decaf to get my fix.

http://www.vitacost.com/syntrax-nectar-whey-protein-isolate-powder-cappuccino

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

JenWild
on 10/5/14 3:10 am

My nutritionist was okay with me drinking caffeinated coffee pre op, but limit cream and sugar (I like the same amount as you).  Post op she said to wait a month to have caffeinated coffee.  I'm 4 days post op, and this morning I needed something hot to break up the mucus in my throat (gross I know), and all I had was regular coffee.  It was a bad idea.  I've had dumping all day because of it.  Learned my lesson, and going out for some decaf coffee!  I also had my gall bladder removed during surgery, so that may have impact on how my body tolerates it as well.

HW: 251  SW:235.5  CW: 222  GW: 135

Kinde
on 10/5/14 3:11 am

Tomorrow starts my 4th week post-op and I gave up coffee (for now).  I have to say coffee is one of the few things I miss but it is a small sacrifice.  It is my understanding that someday we can drink it again.  I have tried decaf coffee (yuck) and decaf tea (soso) but it is not coffee.  However it is a small trade off for a new life.  Good luck!

pineview01
on 10/5/14 3:21 am - Davison, MI

Yes, you will be back to coffee some day but right know you don't want the acid.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mickeymantle
on 10/5/14 3:42 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I was allowed regular coffee 1 month post op , I usually mix half decaf half regular , no sugar a drop of sugar frees creamer , some sugar free Italian syrup 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Amy M.
on 10/5/14 4:03 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I gave up coffee 2 months before surgery to get myself used to the caffeine withdrawal and find other sources of energy in the morning.  My plan says I can't have coffee for 6 months post op. I miss it but I'm surviving without it.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/5/14 4:16 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I don't remember being told to stay away from coffee but I wasn't a big coffee drinker to begin with, perhaps down the road check out Chike coffee. It's protein coffee & it's so good, but I think you can only drink it cold. I make it with soy milk. It's a nice start to the day & helps towards protein goals. Might be something to look into once you're cleared for coffee again. I buy it online from amazon.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

grayC
on 10/5/14 4:20 am, edited 10/5/14 4:21 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I'm in no way a coffee addict, however 

I drink a protein tea everyday..

I enjoy coffee but I drink it w/4 creamers and 2Splenda's

i like to say I like a little coffee with my half and half LOL!!!

(tried to switch back to sugar, but it's not SWEET enough!!)

so b/c of the calories I save it for when I'm out for breakfast 

which is about 1-2x a month...

edited to add: my point being..

once your cleared by your Dr for reg.coffee you can have it everyday..

just account for the calories in your tracking...

jenn1469
on 10/5/14 4:46 am

I never stopped drinking coffee my doctor said I didn't  to

Jennifer