Just sleeved on 10/15/14

Chief147
on 10/18/14 1:01 am
VSG on 10/15/14 with

Hello everyone my name is Chiffon and I'm a Newbie to this but have been sneeking and peeking for a while. I was just sleeved on 10/15/14 and all went well with the surgery. I was released from the hospital on 10/17/14. I am not really able to consume all of my liquids every hour and I am concerned that I will become dehydrated . Another concern I have is that I am becoming very emotional is this normal?? Please help Thank Tou 

rumpole6
on 10/18/14 1:59 am

You need to keep trying to get the fluids in. It will get easier with time so you need to keep sipping. I found that if i could get an ounce in every fifteen minutes, that was enough drinking and really took the pressure off that I was feeling. Don't forget you can substitute tea, broth, or SF Jello as well to shake it up.

Pushing too hard to get my fluids in on my first day post op was a mistake, and I ended up not doing well.   You need to find a pace that works for you, there is no prize for getting you fluids in early.

Yes, I am feeling emotional at 5 days post-op. It is very strange situation I find myself in and I am sure you must be feeling the same. Feeling emotional is par for the course as far as I know.

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

Michaela M.
on 10/18/14 3:58 am

First off- congrats on getting your surgery! The life change you are going to experience is amazing. If you focus on just doing tiny sips throughout the day, it helps. That what my Dr. had told me. I have always been someone who gets more thirsty at night, so that's when I was more focused on getting enough ounces in. 

I was really emotional for the first few days after surgery (as far as crying went) then I just had good days and bad days. You have to remember your hormones are going to be out of whack for awhile, and there is a lot of build up and anxiety that leads to the surgery, so it could definitely be your body's way of recovering. Just let yourself go through it. I found that when I tried to put on a good face, I felt so much worse. 

Hope that helps! I have written a blog about my experience if you are looking for some extra encouragement :) www.journeyofonederland.com

Michaela   My VSG Blog--www.journeyofonederland.com

Michaela M.
on 10/18/14 3:58 am

First off- congrats on getting your surgery! The life change you are going to experience is amazing. If you focus on just doing tiny sips throughout the day, it helps. That what my Dr. had told me. I have always been someone who gets more thirsty at night, so that's when I was more focused on getting enough ounces in. 

I was really emotional for the first few days after surgery (as far as crying went) then I just had good days and bad days. You have to remember your hormones are going to be out of whack for awhile, and there is a lot of build up and anxiety that leads to the surgery, so it could definitely be your body's way of recovering. Just let yourself go through it. I found that when I tried to put on a good face, I felt so much worse. 

Hope that helps! I have written a blog about my experience if you are looking for some extra encouragement :) www.journeyofonederland.com

Michaela   My VSG Blog--www.journeyofonederland.com

Gwen M.
on 10/18/14 8:08 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Welcome to the community and congrats on your VSG!

It's super important to sip, sip, sip all day and get those fluids in.  If you're having issues with what you're currently drinking, try to vary it up and try new things.  Some people have better luck with warm and hot liquids in the beginning instead of cold ones.  Try hot tea, for example.  You can get those liquids in, you've just got to figure out a strategy that works for you.  

And, yes, you will be emotional.  This process screws with our heads so much and our stomachs are the only thing that get operated on.  Some of it is that hormones are stored in fat, so you experience a "hormone dump" as you lose weight.  Some of it is just that this can be a mind screw.  I highly recommend that you a) find a great therapist that you click with to help you to better manage your brain and b) warn the people in your life that you might be more emotional than normal :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

gopats_54
on 10/18/14 10:59 am

Hey we're sleeve twins!

VSG done 10/15, Age 31, Ht 5'3, HW 267, SW 251, GW 150-160   

wellzen
on 10/18/14 5:45 pm

Welcome to the losers bench Chiffon. I found it help to drink out of smaller glasses. It did look like so much to take in at one time.

Wellzen   VSG 9/8/14  SW 261 

Chief147
on 10/19/14 7:11 am
VSG on 10/15/14 with

Thank you I tried you method and yes it work gettin more fluids in than I was  thank you 

FemFatale
on 10/19/14 3:02 am

Everybody beat me to it! But also...welcome. I just got sleeved on oct 9th..I went home in the evening on the tenth and I just tried to stay more positive than frustrated. Liquids was a worry for me too...my doc told me although dehydration is a concern none of his patients has come back for that. I know it's just one doc...but I hope you take comfort in this...

also...remember...you are changing...you WILL change. That's kind of scary. Being overweight...I had accepted it for so long...I think that's when the emotion catches up to you. Mine was fear...but now...I'm all yeah..eff that...I'm fantastic...and this is just an upgrade. Continue to keep the same confidence that got you to the surgeons office and good luck.

instagram: geekyandchicy

tumblr: fabulousfemfatale FemFatale Presents: Geeky & Chicy

Chief147
on 10/19/14 7:13 am
VSG on 10/15/14 with

Thank you excellent advice ..!! 👌

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views