Root Canal

Tealeyes
on 11/18/14 10:14 pm
VSG on 11/12/14

I am one weeks post op and I am supposed to get a root canal tomorrow.  Just wondering if that is wise.  I have to take four antibiotic capsule before I have dental work done.  I am also wondering if they might be too big to even swallow at this point. ? 

Just wondering? 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 11/18/14 11:46 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Since nobody here has a medical degree I would suggest calling the surgeon's office since this is a medical question.

Tealeyes
on 11/18/14 11:51 pm
VSG on 11/12/14

I realize no one here had a medical degree....i was just asking for opinions. I wanted to get it over with.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 11/18/14 11:54 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

I guess I was confused why you didn't just ask your medical team. Honestly that is a serious question I would not want strangers on the internet to answer for me. This could cause you harm if you do not follow proper medical procedures.

Tealeyes
on 11/19/14 12:02 am
VSG on 11/12/14

don't be confused.  i was asking opinons PERIOD...maybe someone else had faced this.  My surgeons office said IF possible to put it off...but if i really needed to have it done to make sure i  took the antiobotions one at a time.  More or less leaving up to me 

I guess we are all strangers....asking for opions ... I thought that is what this board was for. 

PrayMore
on 11/18/14 11:54 pm

I would definitely ask both the surgeon and the dentist doing the root canal. I just realized that I have a regular dental cleaning about 14 days post-op and I need to ask about that, too! I'm thinking I may delay the cleaning due to the bacteria that gets kicked up... again, not medical advice, just my own thoughts on a good reason for rescheduling. Obviously, a root canal is not something that can wait! Share all info with surgeon about the antibiotics required, etc. Good luck to you!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Tealeyes
on 11/18/14 11:59 pm
VSG on 11/12/14

I did ask my surgeons office and they thought it would be best to put it off but if I really needed to have it done now to make sure I took the antibiotics one at a time.  I ended up postponing it... Like i said i just wanted to get it over with.

downhome
on 11/19/14 12:07 am

I am a dentist and I am 2 years post op. A root canal should be fine.  If you are afraid you cannot swallow the pills have the dentist perscribe some liquid antibiotics.

Tealeyes
on 11/19/14 12:25 am
VSG on 11/12/14

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 11/19/14 12:08 am
VSG on 12/06/12
On November 19, 2014 at 6:14 AM Pacific Time, Tealeyes wrote:

I am one weeks post op and I am supposed to get a root canal tomorrow.  Just wondering if that is wise.  I have to take four antibiotic capsule before I have dental work done.  I am also wondering if they might be too big to even swallow at this point. ? 

Just wondering? 

This board is meant for support. You were asking a medical opinion question. Opinions are like buttholes everyone has one and they are not always pretty to look at. I am glad you talked to your surgeon. I can see where you want to get it done. You just had surgery a week ago and your body is just getting that Anesthesia out of your system. You may regret getting it done right now. If you do perhaps they can give you liquid antibiotics. Is the dentist aware you just had major surgery a week ago? They may not want to even do it.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views