4 days post vsg

(deactivated member)
on 12/25/14 3:16 pm, edited 12/25/14 3:30 pm - Loganville, GA

1.  Surgery went as planned with no complications.  

2.  Gas pain has been moderate but painful.  

3.  Not really sure how I feel, maybe confused or torn.

4.  My sleep is pattern is very odd for some reason, waking up every couple of hours.

5.  My hands are constantly freezing cold (not normal for me, my hands are always very warm)

6.  My emotions are completely out of whack.  I woke up a little bit ago and just cried for about 30 minutes straight, but I don't know why,

7.  I'm really not sure what's going on.  

8.  Sorry for the numbers but it's the only way I could list out my thoughts without rambling on and on.

Fatbill
on 12/25/14 4:25 pm

My wife had it Monday. seems she is having the same things going on. I know she was/is a lil blue but that changes quickly when she steps on the scale and I remind her that pain and discomfort she feels is temporary.

I will be having the surgery later next year so I will know how it goes.

Mary Gee
on 12/25/14 7:50 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

It's all normal, and you'll be feeling better every day.  It doesn't last long.  You'll struggle some with the post-op program until you reach the pureed food stage - then you'll feel like you're in heaven!  Check out Eggface's site for ideas - her Ricotta Bake is delicious.

Don't worry, be happy!   

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

GoBlueGirl1998
on 12/25/14 9:05 pm - MI

Welcome to the losers bench!! Overall it sounds like you're doing well. I think the emotions are a normal response. I have been colder since surgery. My office at work is supposedly an inferno and I feel comfortable. Good luck and keep up posted!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

lo_ri_p
on 12/25/14 9:18 pm - Ocala, FL

I am 3 weeks post-op VSG.  I gets better every day.  Your body has suffered severe physical trauma.  It needs to heal. If you are still taking pain meds that causes confusion and effects sleep patterns.  You will get to feeling better soon.  Take it slow.

NanfromSan
on 12/25/14 11:56 pm
VSG on 12/09/14

Congrats on getting the surgery!  If I'm not mistaken, you had a last minute issue with the insurance, right?  I'm glad it went through.  For the first few days you're still eliminating the anesthesia and pain meds they gave you at the hospital.  You might be taking pain meds at home that knock you out during the day and then you feel like you can't really sleep at night.  Of course the surgery site itself is a bit painful or sore or bloated.  So sleeping is not as comfortable as before.  The emotions- completely normal, I think.  For me, I was a bit sad because I thought "My God, I had to cut out my stomach to stop eating- I'm not normal!"  But you'll find as the weight flies off, you feel better.  I've been freezing since the surgery too.  Think about it, your calories have been cut drastically, so it's normal to feel cold.  The gas pain is the worst.  I would say for me it started to improve at the one week mark.  If you're on clear liquids (I was for the first week) the cold and fatigue could be due to the fact that you're really not getting much nutrition yet.  But I will tell you it was worth it, because I felt really detoxed and clean afterwards.  My skin has never looked better.  With each day you will find more positivies.  It really does get better day by day.

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

MegZorar
on 12/26/14 1:24 am

Hang in there. I had a lot of these same (symptoms?). Emotional rollercoaster, bizarre sleep pattern and acne like nobody's business. Lasted a week or two.

Luvmygs
on 12/26/14 3:07 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I know exactly what you're feeling. I'm 3 weeks post-op and my first week was not good. I wasn't in any pain or had any gas. I felt weak, tired all the time and I could barely drink any fluids. It was very frustrating for me. But everyday got better and better. I started puree foods this week and it seems to get better. I'm finally getting my energy back and once I started seeing the weight come off, I knew there was a reason I did this. I think in the beginning its all about the major surgery we had, the new changes in our body and our new eating habits. But hang-in-there, it truly gets better day by day. Christine

Thebiggestloser
on 12/26/14 5:45 am
VSG on 11/19/14 with

This was all very normal for me - once you reach the pureed stage things get better. You will notice little improvements everyday. Also - my psychologist has told me several times that weight loss causes a release of hormones in your body. Hang in there!

Spanky123
on 12/26/14 8:45 am

I'm 4 days out too, having a few of the same things, I got a little weepy this morning for no reason, and I figured that my blood sugar had maybe dropped too low , so I drank some diluted juice and it helped even me out. I get a little shaky and shocky feeling if I don't drink a little carbs. But it is a real mind trip for sure. But , it's done and this is my new reality and I'm tryiing to come to terms with it, having faith it will get easier, as  everyone says. Hang in there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views