Getting It Back Together!

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/4/15 9:41 am - TN

Hi All!

For those that don't remember me, my name is Lindsey and I am 4 years out from VSG. I LOVE my sleeve and have been really successful with it, but I had a crazy year with a region change with my job, a long distance move, I got MARRIED, and I also had some loss in my family. It has been an emotional year and I lost all focus on my health and weight maintenance.

I stepped on the scale recently to find myself 15-20 lbs over where I would like to be, so it is time for me to get it together. OH has always been such a great support to me, that I thought I'd come back and document my journey to stop (and lose) the regain.

I do workout, but I had been doing what I call my lazy-girl workout (where I go and do some cardio that isn't difficult for me just to be there with my husband) and I have missed the gym more often than I made it starting around Thanksgiving. This week though I stepped it up at the gym and today I made a big batch of Elina's green chicken soup which was my go-to staple during the weight loss phase before.

So...here I go, let's get this show on the road.

Thanks,

Lindsey

frisco
on 1/4/15 9:58 am

Congrats on the marriage !!!

brownblonde was married last year also !

You know whats up .....get er done !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/4/15 10:13 am - TN

Thanks, Frisco! 

Aww, good news about BrownBlonde! I just know she made a beautiful bride!

Beatriz
on 1/4/15 2:24 pm

Congratulations on getting married!!

What is the green chicken soup?

:)

Height: 5'4".    VSG 2/23/15

HW: 257--SW: 237--CW: 207  

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/4/15 11:07 pm - TN

Thanks, Beatriz!

The green chicken soup was posted by Elina, a very successful vet that was a big help during my initial losing phase (not sure if she is still around bc I've been gone so much). I found the recipe on her profile and have copied it here:

Green Chicken Soup

3          Large chicken boneless/skinless breasts with fat trimmed (31oz)

2          Large cans of fat free chicken broth, low sodium (49.5 oz per can)

1          Bunch of Broccolini chopped (8oz)

3          Baby Bok Choys chopped (9oz total)

4          Small zucchini chopped (10oz total)

4          Large celery stalks chopped (9oz total)

5          Medium garlic cloves chopped

½         Bunch green onions chopped (1oz)

3          Large Carrots chopped (11oz total)

1          TBSP Dill Weed chopped

½         Bunch fresh parsley chopped

6oz      Frozen green peas

6oz      Fresh green beans chopped

In a large pot, combine all ingredients, except the peas and green beans. Keep the chicken breasts whole (you’ll shred them later). Boil for about 30 minutes. Once the chicken breasts are completely cooked , remove them to cool (pull them apart a little bit . . they’ll cool faster).

Meanwhile, put the vegetables and broth through a blender. (When doing this, it is a good idea to carefully pulse them in a blender with a towel around the blender lid and hold the lid firmly, as sometimes pressure can build with hot liquids in the blender. ) Then transfer the blended soup back into the large pot.

When the whole chicken breasts have cooled a bit, pull them apart by hand and shred them . They should be a little stringy when in shredded form, with no large chunks. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot.  Chop-up the green beans fairly small, and add into the pot along with the frozen peas.  Cook for about 10 more minutes, add salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!

Beatriz
on 1/5/15 3:47 am

That looks wonderful!! Thanks!!

Height: 5'4".    VSG 2/23/15

HW: 257--SW: 237--CW: 207  

slgwinner
on 1/4/15 10:59 pm - Everson, WA

I am in the same boat.  Am currently about 20 pounds heavier than I want to be.  I had VSG about 5 years ago and have slowly gained a couple pounds here and there.  I look back at my pictures and want to be back at my goal weight again.  So today it starts.  Writing down everything I eat and starting to exercise again.  I CANNOT go back to where I was.  I don't want to be that person again. 

I'm 5'8"  Starting weight 255, current weight 160

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/4/15 11:13 pm - TN

Me neither! I had a dream the other night that I weighed myself and I was at 284. It was terrible, I was like, "How did I let this happen...again??" Then I woke up and was so thankful that it was a dream, but realized I needed to take back control and get my act together.

We can do this, slgwinner! 

slgwinner
on 1/5/15 12:34 am - Everson, WA

going to get back to just 3 meals a day. Snacking is what killed me. I guarantee those 20 pounds are all Cheetos. My tummy had plenty of room to fit those. But I gave them up. I know it seems strange to say but I haven't had a cheeto in over a month and that's a huge accomplishment . I was totally addicted. My daughter bought a bag a week ago and i haven't touched them. Checking in here helped a lot before so I am going to turn here for support again

I'm 5'8"  Starting weight 255, current weight 160

TruemansMom
on 1/5/15 12:44 am
VSG on 06/24/13

Just a thought: you might also consider going to a bariatric support group the PSSC in Bellingham meets the 1st Wednesday of the Month 6:00-7:30pm. I know it's a bit of a drive from Everson, but they welcome everyone, even those who did not have surgery with them.

Jan D.  5'-8", highest wt 231, surgery wt 213

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views