Waiting now

gwen41539
on 5/15/15 10:25 am - kimper, KY

Had my last appts with my family Dr for my 6 months medical weight loss and completed my 6 months program now have to wait for my DR to fax those 6 months worth or reports and my chart audit etc I hate waiting...I called to today lol to ask how long they would wait before they would call my Dr and request the reports they said they wouldn't call him that was my job....I hope he doesn't drag his feet...after he turns everything in it should be about 3 weeks till surgery date 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

RayahShrinks
on 5/15/15 12:09 pm
VSG on 06/03/15

Sounds like we're in a similar boat. My surgery has been scheduled for 06/03/15. They submitted my paperwork this past Tuesday to the insurance company. The waiting game is rough. I keep telling myself that I'll feel better when I hear from my surgeon's office that my surgery has been approved. I think I'm kidding myself. Even at that point, I still have a few weeks until surgery. Won't feel real until the surgery day, I think.

RayahShrinks  

gwen41539
on 5/15/15 3:09 pm - kimper, KY

I don't have a date I hope my Dr turns those reports.in next week if he does then hopefully the ball will get rolling they said he will be the hold up...Lol after he does that and they turn everything in I have to attend a pre op class after approval then I get scheduled they said approval varies but usually is faster than 3 weeks but they say three weeks..they said summer is actually a slow time for surgery and I should get in quicker lol I sure hope so .....

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

PrayMore
on 5/16/15 4:38 am

Stay on top of it ladies! The waiting is the hardest part, but you will look back on this time after surgery as a distant memory!

With that said, don't feel bad about calling and checking that all reports make it to the surgeon and that the surgeon's administrator is getting everything ready to submit to the insurance! I found that calling my admin to check and calling my insurance company to confirm everything helped in my case!

In the end, they may have moved me along just so I would get my surgery date and stop bugging them! HA! That was fine with me!

Seriously, though, don't be afraid to call!

Best wishes to you on this journey! I started with my first consultation on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend last year! Here's comes Memorial Day again (and even though it felt like forever during the process), I'm 70+ lbs since then thanks to the surgery and a lot of hard work. Hang in there! 

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 386 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 419 views