STUCK..NOT A STALL.. BODY IS STUCK AND I DISAGREE

psren13
on 6/18/15 11:50 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Ok, here's my question/quandry.  My body says it like 190 but I disagree.  Been at this for about a week and half.  Anyone is welcome to go to MFP and check my stats (psren13). I stay well within range (cal for yesterday was 552/carb20/pro 82 and water ok at 56 oz ( I know needs to be higher).  But weight isn't moving.  So, I am thinking that if I increase my calories and carbs a little and keep the protein high it may "shock" my body weight into moving?  It just freaks me out thinking I need to get out of ketosis.   Am I on the right track?  How long should I do this for?

frisco
on 6/18/15 12:03 pm

Nope ..... You are doing great and spot on!!!

Keep the path and stay "consistent" !!!

Consistancy wins over wig wagging everytime  in time in the long haul.

Wig wagging and testing tolerances is for maintenance when keeping balance.

Keep up the great work !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

psren13
on 6/18/15 12:15 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Nope meaning NOT to increase any calories or carbs?  It's amazing how we can "condition" ourselves in such a short time too.  I started drinking a gatorade and looked at the carbs and put it back in the frig for my daughter.. like 21gms of carbs in 12oz bottle.,  So, you saying keep on doing what I've been doing for a little longer and see if the numbers move?  You are one of the ones I follow all the time so thank you for responding so quickly before I screwed up.. xoxox

psychoticparrot
on 6/18/15 12:24 pm

I had been stuck on the same weight for three weeks. Finally broke the "stall" with a 3-pound loss two days ago. Yet during those three weeks, a pair of capris I had bought went from tight to very loose. Sometimes the scale doesn't measure progress accurately. Just "Keep to the code!" (Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean).

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Crystal A.
on 6/18/15 5:30 pm

The exact thing (Capris and everything) happened to me ! I did eventually lose a few pounds.

glamlamb
on 6/23/15 3:31 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

me, too! stall and capris!! LOL

frisco
on 6/18/15 12:46 pm

Keep doing what your doing.... the numbers you mentioned are right in a sweet spot for higher percentage results.

Wig wagging "may" work? but I think most times it was just a coincidence and you really never know.

Most times adding is not good..... adding is easy...... subtracting is hard.....

Stay consistent in what your doing all the way to goal !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Laura in Texas
on 6/18/15 12:22 pm

Your food diary is not open. Are you measuring or weighing your portions? Sometimes we are eating more than we think we are. Are you tall? Maybe your body does think this is where you should be. At your weight my BMI was 30, which was my goal from my surgeon (his only goal for patients was to get a BMI under 30). Take your measurements. You may be losing inches even when the scale is not moving. A week and a half is not long.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

psren13
on 6/18/15 3:32 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Yes I weigh and measure everything. Even when I may eat a few pretzels I count them out and I have a 2oz measuring cup for the sunflower seed kernels (both are not an every day thing but those are my snacks when I just gotta have something)  Sweets were never a problem with me other than ice cream (haven' had a bite since my surgery) so I know to stay awsy from that.  I do know what my triggers are and good about avoiding them.  I am just in a slight "stuck" mode (I know it isn't a stall at this short of time).  I am only 5'2".  I am 14 weeks out as of yesterday.  I guess I am just being impatient.  When you are a large person for most of your life (over 240) and my age (65) and finally have a tool that is finally helping with the weight loss, it is a little nerve-wracking when it isn't moving the weight after such a pretty good start.  Granted I have done very well with the weight and just concerned about when it is going to really slow down and I am not ready for that yet.  I still have a good 40lbs to go.  Just impatient, I know.  Just have to keep on the path.  I have opened my MFP for anyone to check if they care to.  Thank you for your reply.  Pam

Tracy D.
on 6/19/15 9:19 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Up your water....WAY up.  At this point you should easily be getting in 64-80 oz. a day.  Preferably 80 oz. if you do any kind of exercise at all.  

Don't change anything - your body does not "like" being 190 at 5'2" tall.  It may seem like a comfortable weight right now but as long as you stay on the path you will see big changes.  You are still very, very early out.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views