Poor Me!!

psychoticparrot
on 9/29/15 8:50 pm

Luisa wrote: 

"My mom made cheesy meatballs smothered in cheese; the smell was so amazing my mouth LITERALLY watered! I started crying; wondering why the hell I did this to myself! & thanks to the people on this site & my loving family I was able to eat my stupid chicken broth & go to sleep."

You've described sleeve recovery perfectly in one sentence. 

psychoticparrot

Luisa728
on 9/30/15 9:16 am

suzyq584
on 9/30/15 9:09 am

Ugh...I can relate!  My family ordered pizza on Sunday and it smelled so good!  Luckily, I was feeling much stronger on Sunday and was able to avoid the temptation! 

I so get the feeling of wanting to just cry and go to sleep to escape and I probably will do that at some point in this journey!

This is an awesome thing to remember:

"I went through with this surgery because I demanded to take my life back from food! I control what I can put in my mouth!"

Thank you!  Feels so good to know I'm not in this alone! 

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Luisa728
on 9/30/15 9:17 am

We're here whenever you need us!! 

Luisa

psychoticparrot
on 9/29/15 8:43 pm

Good vent! You really got it all out! I hope it made you feel a little better. But the truth of it is, as you said, life is unfair and we have to pay the piper eventually. You're paying now and will continue paying through the surgery and recovery. Unfortunately, getting the sleeve doesn't tickle. And telling you that you'll feel much better in a month or two doesn't cut it when you're crawling out of your own skin while trying to choke down one ... more .... protein shake ... . All I can say is, I know what you're going through. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

suzyq584
on 9/30/15 9:37 am

It did make me feel better.  Not to say I'm over it, but I feel better.  I look forward to that month or 2 when I feel better and look back saying it was all worth it!  Right now that feeling seems so far away!

Thank you for sympathizing and listening. 

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

piscesladee
on 9/29/15 8:47 pm

I totally understand your feelings. I am now almost 4 weeks post op. I am two days short from being out of the full liquid diet and then move onto the pureed/soft for 4 wkks.  I had to do clear liquids 5 days prior to surgery all the way until 2 weeks post surgery. I have to honestly say the worst part is pre op clear liquid diet. It was so hard. But its over before you know it. Post op has not been that bad for me. I am not hungry like pre op. It will get better. I beat myself up too. I keep thinking why didnt I do something years ago. I wasted so many years that I cannot bring back. Decades. Its so sad. But all we can do is move forward. The past is the past.  Good luck to you.

suzyq584
on 9/30/15 9:39 am

It is good to hear that this is possibly the worst part of the whole deal!  Thank you for your insight and reflection...it helps! 

kyzze
on 9/29/15 11:41 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Just hang in there! 

suzyq584
on 9/30/15 9:39 am

I'm hanging....  

Most Active