Poor Me!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/15 10:25 am

I haven't read through any of the 3 dozen responses, but to me it sounds as if you are completely NORMAL! So sorry that it's getting to you, but it's only 8 more days in a lifetime. Everything you describe I have thought myself at some point during this journey. You just seem to be "lucky" enough to have them all snowballing at once. You must be hormone dumping like mad! 

BIG HUGS! 

suzyq584
on 9/30/15 12:01 pm

Oh man, I hope you are right and am getting all of this out at once!!!!  Dump hormones...DUMP!!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

pammiv
on 9/30/15 1:34 pm

I am glad you are venting!  The pre-op was the worst part of the experience for me thus far.  I had my surgery Dec 17th 2014 right around the holidays and at work they were having pot luck after pot luck of cookies and holiday foods.  It was horrible!  I am down almost 100lbs and almost to goal and I can tell you - pre op was worse than anything afterwards for me.  When I was tempted after surgery to eat that Honey Baked ham - I told myself to remember what I went through and how I got through it.  It helped me soldier on to where I am now.  Good luck and know we are all behind you!!!!

RNY December 17, 2014 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

suzyq584
on 9/30/15 3:02 pm

You ARE a soldier for going through this during the holidays!  I can only imagine how much harder this would be if I had all that junk around.

I am so happy to hear that this was the worst part for you too.  Somehow...knowing others suffered as much as I am helps (that sounds so bad!).  So does knowing that this quite possibly could be the worst of the journey.

Thank you!!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Tink3125
on 10/5/15 5:20 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

I too will be doing mine around the holidays. Thanksgiving is not going to be fun. How in the world did you do it? I keep telling myself that all that food would taste awful LOL. Seriously, I need all the tips I can get.

Most Active