2 months post op...Happy Dance

HealthyBee
on 10/3/15 2:23 pm
VSG on 08/03/15

Today I'm officially 2 months post op. I had a bit of a rocky beginning. About a week after I returned home from the hospital I developed intense right sided abdominal pain, and diarrhea. My stomach hurt so much I had to hold it when I sat or walked or rode in the car. And I spent quite a bit of money on a variety of protein powders and milks, thinking the diarrhea was protein shake related. I had an abdominal CT and an abdominal ultrasound - both were negative. The symptoms continued. I tried to go back to work at 3 weeks, and I survived one 1/2 day due to the pain. My surgeon said the pain was related to where he went in with one of the instruments. Then he told me it was probably adhesions. Thankfully my surgeons NP started me on an antibiotic. I was 5 weeks post op at this point. Thankfully it worked! The diarrhea stopped almost immediately, and the abd pain resolved over the next week. Turns out I had a post op infection.

Since then things have only gotten better and better. I'm back to work full time. I have so much more energy. I walk every day and go to yoga once a week. As of today I've lost 50.5 pounds since my highest weight. And here's the best part: when I weave my way through the parking lot to get into work, I don't have to check out how big the spaces are between the cars, to make sure I can find the widest one!

Thank you for being such a great group of supportive people. I learn so much and receive so much encouragement from this site.

stats:

HW: 235

Ht: 5'2"

SW: 213

CW: 184.5

For those of you just starting out, you can do it. And you're so worth it!

Thanks

Sunshine411
on 10/3/15 4:22 pm

? you have done great!!! I'm just going on three weeks post op this Tuesday. I've really been doing quite well...started lean meats last Tuesday and cooked veggies...so far I haven't had any food I can't tolerate. I want a cup of coffee each morning but my book says not until week 8 not sure why. I am getting my 60 proteins in n 50-64 oz water...calories are around 350-400 a day...is aStarted walking this weekny of this like yours? I wasn't told to count calories just have been n I was reading 60 proteins ...but I still have two shakes a day most days and that's 24 proteins for each shake??? I hope I do as well as you have I'm about your size 5'2 and so far I'm down about 17 pounds. Started walking this week aim to get 5000 steps on Fitbit n some days I've hit 7...going to up next week to 7 minimum...bought a treadmill so hoping that will help. Yoga? Are you a beginner...like it? Sounds good. Ty...for helping out.

HealthyBee
on 10/3/15 5:19 pm
VSG on 08/03/15

Sounds like you're doing well. Your calories seem low however. This is the formula I use: calories 600-800, carbs less than 40, and protein 60-90. I track all my food and fluids, as well as calories, carbs and protein each day. I've done yoga in the past, but not in a long time. I LOVE it! If you haven't done yoga, go for a beginner or gentle yoga class. Best of luck on your journey!

diane S.
on 10/3/15 11:16 pm

sorry you had a rough few months but so glad you have a good attitude and are working thorough it. I did this almost six years ago. Luckily had a pretty easy time except struggled to get protein down. but i did it. nearly 6 years later i weigh 126 instead of 249. its so worth it. and i feel normal - just have way lower expectations on how much to eat. Concentrate on developing new habits. i just don't do potatoes or pasta or bread anymore and its totally ok. you can do it and get to goal and stay there. gl dfidane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

cappy11448
on 10/4/15 4:13 am

I am so happy for you. 50 pounds down already! great job.

Keep up the good work. It just keeps getting better.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

psychoticparrot
on 10/4/15 9:12 am

Two months post-op is about the time when sleevers start feeling really well again after surgery and can start enjoying their lives as the weight comes off and health improves. You're at that point now. Congrats!

And that's a really great and unusual NSV! In a similar vein, I can now thread easily between crowded tables at restaurants. No more accidental but embarrassing butt-bumping the seated diners as I made my ponderous way out of a restaurant!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views