Fun Fun Fun on the road to surgery

bigolalaskan
on 12/4/15 5:58 pm - Spring Creek, NV

Its been over a year since I posted here.  Was approved in August 2014 and ready for the final round of blood tests when my body decided to put everything on hold with blood clots in the lungs.  Was cleared this last July to start the process for the surgery.

Met with Dr. Cottam in September, he talked me into a D/S.  I got one shot at this (insurance) so lets do it.  Insurance has balking at the D/S and previously met prerequisites since October.

Talked via email today with their insurance person.  We will be going with the Sleeve (my preference anyway), one of the associates will do the sleeve and it was sent to the insurance company with my previous prerequisites today!!

There is still a chance they will make me do the prerequisites again, 6 month diet, shrink, yadda yadda yadda.  Just in case that was the situation, I've been doing the doctor supervised since August.  Big jump on the process if it goes back to step 1.

So I'm back.  Think good thoughts that Aetna will approve with previous paperwork!!

Lap Band 2002-2005. Surgery Date 03/02/2016 | Current Weight:  311
Dr. Christina Richards MD, Salt Lake City |  HW: 357  SW: 324  GW: 175 |
New blog at http://www.worldaccording2jen.com

SDenae
on 12/4/15 9:17 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

Glad to hear your health is better. Crossing my fingers for you in hopes that your insurance approval will go through with zero trouble.

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/15 5:34 am

You have a long and rough road to surgery. I sincerely hope all goes through lickety split and very very soon you are finally on that losers bench.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/15 8:44 am

Best of luck! Sure sounds like you have a positive attitude, which will take you far!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views