Officially Post-Op!

csettle7
on 1/14/16 4:53 pm
VSG on 01/14/16

I had my VSG earlier today, and was out of recovery and back to outpatient surgery around 1 pm. My procedure was done as an outpatient. It took me a little over 3 hours to meet all my discharge criteria, and now I am sitting in our hotel room enjoying a SF popsicle, sipping on water, and walking back and forth to the bathroom. The worst part has been the gas pain, but it's not intolerable. I have had no nause so far, but my surgeon was fantastic and gave me a scopolamine patch, decadron, and Zofran while at the hospital. I have Zofran here at the hotel with me just in case. 

I have a post op appointment  at 9 am to have my drain removed. Then, we can head towards home. 

Thank you to everyone who has offered up information about how their procedures went. I felt like that information helped to prepare me best on what I could expect, and was always spot on with what my surgeon said. 

I look forward to sharing this journey with you all! 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/14/16 4:57 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Welcome to the losers bench! I wish you a speedy recovery. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

csettle7
on 1/14/16 5:07 pm
VSG on 01/14/16

Thank you!

JudithJohnson
on 1/14/16 4:58 pm
VSG on 12/03/15

Welcome to the losers club!!! Glad you made it through without too many problems. Gas will go as you walk, walk and walk some more. Can't wait to follow the rest of your journey!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

csettle7
on 1/14/16 5:17 pm
VSG on 01/14/16

Thanks! Ive been following your posts, and you've been doing a fantastic job. I just keep telling self that from here on out I'll take one day at time. 

JudithJohnson
on 1/15/16 12:30 pm
VSG on 12/03/15

You do have to take it one day at the time, I felt a little better every single day. I hit milestones all the time and life is only going to get better from here on out. You have to discover the "new normal" for you, and that is slightly different for everyone. Stick with your doctor's instructions and you will do great! I had so many people interested in my journey that I started a page about it on facebook. Not sure if links are allowed here but I can try. It helps me a lot to share my journey with others who in return check up on me when they don't hear from me for a while. You'll be great!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1643548359238200/

csettle7
on 1/15/16 3:50 pm
VSG on 01/14/16

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm going to check out your page. I've thought about documenting my journey through Instagram....haven't made my mind up yet. 

JudithJohnson
on 1/15/16 4:45 pm
VSG on 12/03/15

You should because on days when the journey is not that easy you can look back and see all that you have accomplished already! Let me know if you do, totally want to follow you :)

psychoticparrot
on 1/14/16 5:08 pm

Congrats on having come through your surgery with flying colors. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

staceylynne13
on 1/14/16 5:22 pm
VSG on 01/06/16

you guys that post the day of your surgery amaze me! i couldn't even stay awake long enough to text for two days! if i wasn't walking or sipping i was sleeping!

glad you are doing well!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views