"Skin Tight" is Making Me Angry!

Neesie57
on 1/27/16 9:22 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I've been watching the new show Skin Tight since the beginning, and it's making me so mad that the one PS keeps saying that the best way to lose weight is through diet and exercise.  He says that they do so much better, with better outcomes..blah, blah, blah.  Wonder what he says to his patients who have had WLS.  It's frustrating that he makes it sound like people who don't lose weight "naturally" are poor candidates for the surgery.  

Am I the only one who feels this way?

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 1/27/16 9:37 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

he said that during the first show with the male patient (jeff).. I haven'****ched the show again because his attitude and comments pissed me off. 

Loser2542
on 1/27/16 9:44 pm

He seems to be a condescending jerk. I would guess he loses quite a few patients for his practice with his ignorant comments and attitude on the show.

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

Neesie57
on 1/27/16 10:39 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I think every patient he has worked on on the show has had incisions that opened.  Dr. Now doesn't seem to have that problem with his surgeries.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

csettle7
on 1/28/16 3:31 am
VSG on 01/14/16

And I think it was last week's show, he even had to refer one the patients he had performed a thigh lift on to Dr. Now because of infection. After the  infection was cleared, Dr. Now had to do a revision because the other guy didn't remove enough skin. I'm not impressed either. 

White Dove
on 1/28/16 8:06 am - Warren, OH

Don't get angry over it.  I have great admiration for those who do it with diet and exercise.  I have never personally known anyone who took off 50 or more pounds and still had it off 5 years later.  I know many who have lost 100 or more pounds and regained them in less than 5 years,

The people on that show so far that have lost on their own have not kept the weight off for 5 years. 

For at least 95% of people, surgery is the only thing that keeps the weight off long term.  For me, it was the easy way out.  I was always on a diet and exercise program.  I still am, but now it works.

A few years from now, I will expect to see people like Jeff going to Dr Now for weight loss surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

sweettooth58
on 1/31/16 6:29 am - IL

dont thing you can not gain the weight back after surgery because you can if you go back to your bad habits.

White Dove
on 1/31/16 6:45 am - Warren, OH

Even if you don't go back to your old habits, your body is going to recover from the effects of being starved and there is almost guaranteed to be a bounce back regain by the end of the third year.  That is usually about 20 pounds.

People get bored with their diets and exercise and go back to their old habits. 

Like any addict I wake up everyday and start over.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

psychoticparrot
on 1/28/16 9:08 am

This is just one of the many reasons I don'****ch TV anymore.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Bufflehead
on 1/28/16 9:10 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Frankly I think the work performed by him and his associate doctor (the blond lady with the giant fake looking lips) is terrible. I wouldn't go to either of them for plastic surgery even if they never said the condescending crap they have about wls.

I notice that at the big "reveal" parties at the end the person being "revealed" is usually still swathed in clothes from head to toe. I think they must be scared of showing the scars. I understand that all plastic surgery of this nature is going to leave the person with significant scars, no matter how excellent the surgeon is, so I am not blaming this part of the show on the horrible work of the doctors. I just think it is interesting -- I guess they just want a "happy ending" for the show and don't think people can see the post-surgery scars and regard it as a happy ending. I mean, I would, the scars do not bother or scare me, I think the TV producers just assume that the viewing public would be put off.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views