Yay time for another Post-op Question...

Darcy G.
on 4/23/16 10:22 am
VSG on 04/07/16

I tried sf jello and it helped, but I'm going to try some SF pudding. My calories per day are alarmingly low. When it comes time for the hair to fall out because I didn't get my protein in, I'm so gonna be a cueball.

White Dove
on 4/23/16 10:28 am - Warren, OH

The anesthesia put the hair follicles to sleep the day of surgery when it put you to sleep.

After they go to sleep it takes three months for them to fall out.  The protein helps with regrowth but whatever hair loss you have is not going to be determined by how much protein you eat now. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Darcy G.
on 4/23/16 10:31 am
VSG on 04/07/16

Oh good! It's kind of ridiculous that I feel better knowing my looming hairloss isn't going to be my fault, but I DO. :)

NYMom222
on 4/22/16 8:20 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I was told I could use a tablespoon of applesauce to get medicine down if needed as soon as I got home from the hospital. Why don't you adk your Docs office.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/23/16 3:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

With what you've been through, I can understand why you are wary about everything new!  I am almost 4 weeks out from surgery.  The first week or so I had terrible pains in my shoulders.  I assumed they were gas - they went away at the beginning of the second week.  My surgeons office told us to sip, sip, sip water, but my sips have gotten larger over time.  They said tha****er just slips through the stomach, so not to worry.  The only important thing was to separate times for drinking from eating (I've been on puréed diet since I got home from hospital until next week).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Chinadolls
on 4/23/16 5:30 am

Hello Darcy,

I'm sorry to hear about your challenges - but hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here.  I am in the very early stages so cannot offer any advise on WLS but I have have had abdominal surgery (twice) and I too had severe pain in my shoulder whenever I would try to stand - it was was gas!  Apparently the gas they fill you with will settle and cause this pain until you are rid of it - and the shoulder is a common place.

Hope yours pain is gone soon and your get on the road to an easier recovery!

Darcy G.
on 4/23/16 10:25 am
VSG on 04/07/16

At 17 days out, I'm pretty sure all the gas they pumped into me for the surgery is gone, and after like... day 2 when I did have shoulder pain briefly, I haven't had any. It seems like 2 weeks later is a crazy time for surgery gas to show up and start terrorizing my torso.

That said, the Gas-X is helping, so I'm pretty sure it's about the colon now. That C-diff is a nasty bug.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views