I've gain some weight back......

jejames2005
on 4/30/16 11:59 am - Phoenix, AZ

It's been a year and a half and once again I am off the rails. I have gain 9 pounds after stagnating for almost six months. I blame myself for not correcting my eating habits. After I had my surgery I became more addicted to sweets because their easy to eat and cheap. I also suffer from poor body image and depression. I know that people recommended that I get counseling but the state I was living in at the time it was cost prohibited for me. I am now in a new state and I have an appointment for therapy on the 17th. I am stressed about the weight gain and feeling hopeless.... 

Ray R.
on 4/30/16 1:53 pm - Paterson, NJ

I'm not an expert as I am a revision, lap band to sleeve, but what I can say is that you're taking good first steps. You're seeking assistance and your recognizing your obstacles.  Look towards the positives, look for the NSV.  make little changes, go for sugar free candy instead, or for every 2 pieces of candy substitute it with a piece of fruit.

Don't let yourself feel defeated because that's when you're really losing (and not in a good way)

jejames2005
on 4/30/16 2:38 pm - Phoenix, AZ

One of the side effects of the surgery is I get extremely painful bloating every time I ingest sorbitol or aspertaime so sugar free stuff is out of the picture

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/16 2:18 pm

Sounds like you are ready to get back on track. You know what your issues are and with counseling and the desire to do better you can! Don't feel hopeless. the light is at the end of the tunnel and you are now on the right track. I wish you all good luck getting over this bump in the road and finding a more positive lifestyle that will help you feel better.

WinningChanges
on 4/30/16 2:48 pm, edited 4/30/16 9:00 am

I sure do get understand your dilemma.  I was sleeved last fall and it wasn't long before I fell back into my sugar addiction!  I understand the depression, the pain and the addiction. Sugar was always 'my thing'. I was able to finally get off sugar, but it wasn't easy.  But every day of no sugar equaled increasing rewards.  My skin looked better.  I felt better.  I stopped overeating because I noticed the healthy foods were self limiting.  I felt satisfied and I was able to stop.  I could elaborate more if you would like and I did post on my blog on this site: Get off Sugar in 3 Easy Steps  feel free to friend me too!  Rose 

luvmypuggies
on 4/30/16 8:12 pm

You're in good company - many of us struggle with a variety of the same issues, so we understand what you're going through.  I wish I had a magic solution.  Sugar is really an addiction, isn't it?!!  Try to go cold-turkey for a few days and the cravings should subside a bit.  I'm glad you're getting therapy, and I hope it works well for you.  The past is the past, but every day is a chance for a new beginning, so keep looking forward rather than being upset with yourself about the past.  Good luck!

LeapSecond
on 5/1/16 4:45 am - AR

Don't beat yourself up.  Look forward.  Focus on your plan.  I have a collection of goals, snippets and thoughts that I use as a motivational list.  These are not mine just borrowed from previous posts.  I printed it and it hangs in my bathroom so I read it frequently. This helps me.  Hope it helps.

Motivation list:

You tolerate the things you will not change.

If you tolerate 30 extra pounds until goal you will not lose it.

If you tolerate eating while anxious you will not cope with anxiety.

Anxiety is a lie.

Contentment is the opposite of greed. Gluttony is greed of food. 

Be intolerant, be diligent, be committed, be tenacious  be obstinate 

Stay on plan

Goal _____ pounds

Measure everything you eat.  

Track everything you eat or drink.

800 cal

100 oz water 

100 g protein 

< 40 g carb

Eat dense protein first.  Avoid liquids with meals.  

Consciously Eat slowly.  Take small bites. Chew. 

Under-eat your sleeve. 

Stay away from trigger foods, crap food

Weight everyday

No grazing.  Eat at these times only 5-8-11-2-5 (or whatever your times are)

FEED emotions with emotion food, fix your head

Feed anxiety with reinforcement of reality.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Nikke2003
on 5/1/16 8:08 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

It isn't hopeless. You have taken a great step by making an appointment for therapy. It won't happen overnight, but hopefully your therapist can help you work through your eating issues. I know therapy was one of the leading reasons I was able to achieve any kinds of success! Hang in there!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views