guilty of sneaky eating(fries, junk)/over eating within 3 weeks? am I dead? stomach's...

ubserved
on 5/6/16 2:09 pm

First, 9 or 10 weeks out, is not at 3 weeks out. Second, I ate half a sandwich, then 5 hours later ate the other half. At 6 months out, I am at 128 pounds lost. Obviously I am doing it correctly.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/6/16 1:30 pm, edited 5/6/16 6:29 am

Hey, didn't you tell us all we were really harsh when we cautioned you about your sub sandwich? 

I seem to remember you thought we were all a bunch of meaniepants.

Edit for spelling

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

ubserved
on 5/6/16 2:13 pm

Actually I used other phrases, but in effect, I basically stated I was losing weight, and had lost more weight the next day when I stepped on the scale. That works for me may or not work for someone else. Mostly people jumped all over me because I used the word 'treat' meaning as in a surprise, not as in junk food. Then proceeded to bash me that I was just going to fail and that I should seek a therapist and so on. My thought on those people, not as they were all a bunch of meaniepants so you so eloquently put it, but that your mentality is that everyone should proceed as you feel you proceed or that they are wrong. Obviously that is not the case.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/6/16 2:43 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Most people on that thread saw treat as a reward for hard work done, not as a surprise, they were trying to tell you not to use food as a reward, to reward yourself in non food ways, but you didn't see it that way. You thought people were being hypocritical or bashing you over a sandwich.

It was never about the sandwich.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/6/16 3:25 pm

The scale rewarded you that time. You will find that the further out you get, the more careful you will have to be.

My mentality, as you so eloquently put it, is that the habits you form now will help or hinder you as time marches on.

I said meaniepants; I could have as easily said douche canoe.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

ubserved
on 5/8/16 11:29 pm

It's pretty amazing, my surgeon is okay with my diet choices, I keep a precise log and send it to his office monthly as well as to the nutritionist. I also step on the scale daily. I include that as part of the report I send them. Amazingly all the bad habits you and a few other infer I have seems to be so correct (sarcasm)....I step on the scale and each day, excluding the few short stalls here and there shows I keep losing weight. 128 pounds in six months. Obviously I am doing something dreadfully wrong (more sarcasm). Like I said before, what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another and vice versa. When I had that sandwich a few months ago, it was eaten in parts over most of a day, not in one sitting. So a seven inch long sandwich broken up over a most of a day is my scale rewarding me in your opinion. Well my opinion on this is what works for me, is working for me. My only error then was referring to it as a 'treat' which some took as a reward when it was meant in the context as it was a surprise as in something out of the ordinary that I was having. Should a habit yet to be discovered turns out to be detrimental, then it will be re-evaluated at that point. As to your choice of derogatory terms, you will have to do much better than that. I grew up a military brat. I'm not impressed. I would offer some to you, but some of the people here need a 'safe space' and like to complain to the webmaster so I'll keep my examples to myself so they don't go crawling into a closet to suck their thumb.

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/16 5:17 pm
On May 6, 2016 at 4:47 PM Pacific Time, ubserved wrote:

I'm not Willie Wonka, so I am not going to sugar coat it for you. I have a reputation for being brutally honest, but then that's just me. You are an idiot if you continue the habits you are on. Not only that, you are risking your life. If you are 3 weeks out, your stomach isn't healed yet. You shouldn't be on anything more than purees at this point. If you are constantly hungry, it is more than likely acid buildup. You need to take your acid reducer, if you don't have one, call your doctor. You are risking rupturing your stomach, if you do that, what you eat will spill into your abdominal cavity, you will get peritontis and die.

What ^^Ubserved^^ writes.

handtlkr
on 5/6/16 10:31 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

I think when we feel like we've "stretched our stomach" shortly after surgery, it's just the fact that the swelling from the surgery is going down, so it's easier to fit more food in the stomach. Therefore, it is imperative to stick with the post-op instructions.  You cannot trust your feelings for now, and you've got to get the mind-set of changing your eating habits all together.  It was bad habits that got you to the point of surgery, so it takes time to break those bad habits.  The surgery wasn't magic.  It is a tool and tools have to be used according to instructions.  Follow the instructions, and for those times when you may plateau, (and I think everyone on here pretty much does from time to time), you keep following the instructions and you'll see sudden weight drops later on.  Don't get discouraged by the scale.  Learn to embrace the NSV (Non-scale victories) when the struggle makes you want to stop. 

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

Laura in Texas
on 5/6/16 10:50 am

The thought of pureed food made me want to vomit, so I stayed on protein shakes for a long time.

Start following your surgeons plan to a "T" or this will have all been for naught.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/6/16 11:21 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I think that will be me. Maybe pureed soup or something, but I just cant get over pureeing chicken breast or something lol... I dont mind protein shakes. Im preop, but still.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180