Severe - worst constipation ever - help

sdkitty
on 6/3/16 7:10 pm

I had vsg almost exactly 2 years ago. Ever since then I've had to take a prescription Linzess pill every other day and it normally gives me bad diarrhea most of the day and cleans me out (sorry TMI).

The past week I have not had a bowel movement. I've taken the Linzess, dulcolax laxatives and dulcolax stool softeners and nothing happens. I've gained 7 pounds in a week - my first weight gain in 2 years and I know it's just because everything is setting in there. 

Im miserable and my whole abdomen is swollen and full of air which is aching in my stomach and low back so bad.

having to go to the ER for this would literally mortify me, I'd almost rather suffer but it's starting to really scare me. Can anyone help me? Is there anything that's sure to make me go??

i even ate an ENTIRE BAG of those sugar free gummies that kill everyone and still NOTHING. My husband and son eat a hand full and have explosive diarrhea all evening. 

hollykim
on 6/3/16 7:19 pm, edited 6/3/16 2:05 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 4, 2016 at 2:10 AM Pacific Time, sdkitty wrote:

I had vsg almost exactly 2 years ago. Ever since then I've had to take a prescription Linzess pill every other day and it normally gives me bad diarrhea most of the day and cleans me out (sorry TMI).

The past week I have not had a bowel movement. I've taken the Linzess, dulcolax laxatives and dulcolax stool softeners and nothing happens. I've gained 7 pounds in a week - my first weight gain in 2 years and I know it's just because everything is setting in there. 

Im miserable and my whole abdomen is swollen and full of air which is aching in my stomach and low back so bad.

having to go to the ER for this would literally mortify me, I'd almost rather suffer but it's starting to really scare me. Can anyone help me? Is there anything that's sure to make me go??

i even ate an ENTIRE BAG of those sugar free gummies that kill everyone and still NOTHING. My husband and son eat a hand full and have explosive diarrhea all evening. 

get a couple of bottles of magnesium citrate and drink a whole one at one go. Pour over ice for best taste. Use the second as needed for clean out. 

Many of us have good results with Miralax daily. It is safe for daily use.

Renren
on 6/3/16 8:44 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

. Be open to going to the ER if you have to. You might have a blockage. Good luck

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

White Dove
on 6/3/16 8:49 pm - Warren, OH

I keep suppositories and enemas available just in case this happens.  If those and then the magnesium citrate don't do the trick, you will need to contact your doctor.

You won't die from being backed up this long, but it is miserable.  Is something else going on, like taking pain pills?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

sdkitty
on 6/3/16 9:36 pm

Finally went..about 100 times. I think the gummy Bears worked. Lol. Thanks for the help.

happyteacher
on 6/5/16 7:11 am

I never thought to keep the gummy bears of gastric distress on hand for that purpose. I might just place a small order to keep them on hand!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

NYMom222
on 6/5/16 7:54 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Right? very funny but not a bad idea....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active