My pureed chicken is not so pureed :-(

malattogirl
on 6/17/16 9:27 am
VSG on 05/23/16

So I boiled chicken last night and pureed it for today. On my lunch break and the chicken is not smooth and a puree. It's more like extremely chopped tuna. I am still in the puree stage and the chicken has to be chewed. I am so nervous. Is this ok?

Theduffman27
on 6/17/16 9:59 am
VSG on 11/19/14

My program did not require me to puree food, they suggested small pieces and chewing until the food was pureed. to this day I eat slowly and chew my food. My opinion, I think you are fine, take smaller than preop bites and chew your food until it is mush or pureed.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/17/16 10:48 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Things like chopped tuna is considered "mushy" and is often the stage AFTER puree. If you're worried, it's probably best to wait.

If you need an alternative, chicken baby food is surprisingly not gross at all! I used it after surgery, and when I get a blob of it on my face (yay baby learning to eat!) it tastes just like any old chicken :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

diane S.
on 6/17/16 4:04 pm

I ground up cooked chicken and then put a spoon or two in some broth. Worked fine.  But  If you really want it pureed, add water or broth when grinding. diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active