Considering the Sleeve...

Transcendence
on 8/6/16 1:35 am

Hi Anne,

Being a newbie, I just wanted to say I know where you're coming from. Its taking awhile for my head to catch up with my stomach. Unlike you, I still look forward to dinner time. However it's over in a blink, so I'm trying to slow down. Shakes a better because there is a bit more to enjoy, but it's definitely an adjustment. I hope you see improvements over time :) I hope I'm one of the people saying I love my sleeve two successful years (or more!) out from now!

Whatnow0621
on 8/8/16 10:34 am

I am like Anne, pretty much miserable and regretting my decision. My doctor ran my approval through so fast that I never spoke to a dietician or a therapist to know that this was not for me at all. I am in a constant state of nausea, having problems with intake of liquids of any kind ,any food, and I stay constipated. I have had to have IV's three times since surgery on June 21st. My doctors office is providing no support because as everyone keeps telling me, "it can't be undone so adjust ". If it were only that simple. I really hate that I allowed my doctor to talk me into this. Yeah, I was heavier but even my primary care doctor says that I was healthier. 

catwoman7
on 8/5/16 12:36 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

re:  the loose skin.  I was really worried about this before surgery as well.  And I have it.  A lot of it.  But I would take this loose skin any day over weighing my former 373 lbs.  I have no idea now why I obsessed over loose skin so much.  It's a very small price to pay for feeling great and having a normal life!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/5/16 8:10 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

If you are terrified to make up your mind, then wait. If you're worried about never enjoying sweets again, then wait. If you're terrified, really terrified?, about loose skin then wait some more. I'm terrified of falling out of an airplane with no parachute & this is kinda what wls is when you're not ready & prepared for all aspects it requires. The diet & lifestyle changes, the complications risks, the mental hurdles & pain to go thru, the support or lack therof., etc etc.

My advise to you would be to wait, at least past the part of terrifying & more of a scared but ready kind of thing. 

Research everything, go to seminars, talk with people who have had the surgery, everyone from the newly sleeved, to those who are years down the road. This is a big step & not one to be taken lightly, but when you're truly ready, you might see that its all worth it.

I had the sleeve & am happy with my choice. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Whatnow0621
on 8/8/16 5:37 pm

Wanted you to know that I am at the Urgent care for the 4th time due to the issues Ann mentioned. I have a horrible metal taste in my mouth and have not had anything to drink since Thursday let alone nothing to eat for days. Do a full investigation prior to your decision. I didn't and am now paying for it. God bless 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views