The Scale and Jeans............

frisco
on 8/6/16 8:02 pm, edited 8/6/16 10:02 pm

Learn to love/like the scale, it is your partner in this !!!!

There are two for sure things that I have found in weight control...... The scale(good scale) and your jeans will never lie to you !!!!

The number goes higher on the scale....... jeans get tighter....

The number goes lower on the scale.........jeans get looser......

Funny how that works !!!!

I have read many times about people hating the scale and even doctors telling patients not to weigh......Really????

The scale is a tool, an instrument of measure, a constant, a baseline..... and so are your jeans....

So the scale goes up, down or even that is information.... the scale shows trends.

Have you ever read here....."Help, I got on the scale today and I'm up twenty pounds!"

That person may have not known with a 5lbs. gain, but a 10lbs. gain had a good idea and the jeans spoke loud and clear!

The scale and your jeans are your friends that won't lie to you.....even you can lie to you....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

MissNexxie
on 8/7/16 7:41 am
VSG on 04/30/14

This is so true. I heard someone say a long time ago to a friend who'd bragged  (we were very young) about gaining 4 lbs in a weekend from junk food "you may not notice the first 4 lbs but you'll notice the next 4). It stuck with me and has been true over the decades even when I was MO. And those d*mn jeans don't lie!

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Laura in Texas
on 8/7/16 7:53 am

Unless the jeans have some stretch to them and then you can still live in denial for a while. 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Tracy D.
on 8/9/16 1:31 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Laura from Texas is right about those jeans with a little "give" to them - they are effing liars!  A good pair of old-fashioned Levis though will straighten you right up. I find that now I'm a lot smaller that I can "feel" 5-10 lbs. immediately in my jeans.  At my old weight it would take a good 15-20 lbs. before I could tell a big difference.   

I've always been one that has to weigh every day.  If I'm not weighing then it's because I'm avoiding the truth and trying to live in denial.  I don't get crazed about 1-2 lbs. in either direction if I know in my heart that I've been on point with my food.

Good post, Frisco  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views