Frisco- Product Recommendation !!!

frisco
on 9/5/16 8:24 pm, edited 9/5/16 8:33 pm

Zojirushi CB-CC15 Electric Grill

So, almost 7 years post-op and trying many cooking "tools", this is one of the few things that I use regularly !!!

I guess I like them a lot because I think I have about 7 or 8 of them, I park them where ever I spend time, moms house, friends house, studio, location truck. I also keep several for entertaining.

It was about 1 year post-op and I was in a tiny restaurant in Tokyo, a place I had aways wanted to go to but I was literally to big to fit inside the place.

There is a Japanese style of cooking called "Yakiniku" which basically means grilled meat.

This little place had the exact Zojirushi unit on the table, I took pictures of it and searched it when I got back to my hotel room. It was available in the states and at an asian store I shop at !!!

So, I'm back home and the first thing I do is go to the store to buy one, there it is and on sale, it was meant to be !

From the very start I loved it, starts up fast and gets very hot, most things I grill on it is on med heat.

Everything was perfect, than I started to wonder if there was a better one out there here in the U S of A, short story, I tried several other name brand "Gucci" electric grills.... No bueno, either returned it or gave it away.

What I like about the Zojirushi CB-CC15 Grill:

• Heats up fast
  • Gets to the sizzle hot stage on med
  • Has good drainage 

Tips:

• I use an aluminum pan for a cover on thicker meats for convection heat.
  • I line the drip pan with tin foil.
  • I wipe it down every use and clean it every several uses.

If you can see this fitting into your lifestyle, check it out !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/16 8:55 am

I've gotta check this out! This would be perfect for grilling during winter. Is the place you get yours in SF? 

frisco
on 9/6/16 1:04 pm

Mitsuwa in SJ has them on sale every so often.

I believe Nijiya carries them.

For you in the East Bay, maybe Amazon is the easiest.

https://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-EB-CC15-Indoor-Electric-Gri ll/dp/B00005YXC0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473191778&sr=8-1&ke ywords=zojirushi+grill

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/16 2:32 pm

Thanks. Will check it out. I need another appliance like I need a hole in the head, but.... hehehehehe

psychoticparrot
on 9/6/16 4:04 pm

I love it! I've wanted to try out new recipes that are grilled but couldn't because I have no room for a standard outdoor grill. My space indoors is limited but I think I'll make room for this. Thanks, Frisco!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Luvmygs
on 9/7/16 8:40 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Amazon has them for $72. Its on my list. Thank you Frisco

ocean4dlm
on 9/7/16 10:36 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Thanks for the recommendation !  I ordered one on Amazon.  This will be great during questionable weather !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Donna L.
on 9/7/16 12:57 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I've owned many Zojirushi products.  They are all great quality and highly dependable.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Scarletstitches
on 9/8/16 10:51 am

Thanks for this! I have their water boiler for tea and such and its held up for 10 years even with our very hard water here in the Bay Area, so I know the brand is excellent. This seems like a great way to do smaller amounts without having to heat up the big grill outside. Think I'll pick one of those up in the next week or two. 

VSG 7/27/2016. HW 241 SW 222 CW 210. 5'4"

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views